Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: WAFalotico's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm a twenty-one year old guy who's first MMORPG was 'Star Wars Galaxies' (About six years before it bit the dust in 2011!) I'd consider myself a larger sci-fi nerd over fantasy(That doesn't mean I hated it). I joined WoW when it was in it's Cataclysm phase and became more familiar and enthusiastic towards orcs, elves, and all of the lore pretaining. Roleplay, is, amazing. I've had role-play participation in four MMORPGs.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United States of America and have spoken english for the entirety of my life.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I originally joined WoW as a Free-To-Play out of boredom. It was just a casual interest until I saw under the server list, "RP-Server". I've played as Starter-Edition/Free-To-Play for three years doing nothing but roleplay.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Private servers. I discovered Heroes-WoW earlier this year. The only disappointment was there weren't enough people interested in roleplay. I googled 'WoW Private Server RP' and CotH popped up. A whole server dedicated to roleplay?! Sign. Me. Up.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I tend to gravitate towards mature roleplays, such as: dark, mature. I'm really a go-with-the flow player. Whatever happens, happens.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Race would be Blood Elves. Classes are mages, rogues.
The sin'dorei story is pretty unfortunate, nearly being eradicated and all. I like roleplaying opposites of my OOC personality. It's fun being a pointy-eared, pointy-eyebrowed, mage with a serious attitude problem! Even a rogue with no impulse control on following people just to eavesdrop.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Long-term roleplays. I enjoy pairing up with role-play partners that are always around so a decent story can be forged over time. It's satisfying and it's like writing a book with other people's help, the only difference is acting the parts out.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: The need for proper spelling(I mean, if you don't know how a word is spelled every once and a while, it's cool.), and for people to know how to avoid god-modding/power-emoting. It's just rude to just smash someone's nose in without them being able to react!

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
No thanks!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: The sin'dorei Nyil sat on the bed of his house's loft, reading a black leather-bound tome. He chose the isolation of the Gilneas Ruins' outskirts, specifically Stormglen, to satisfy his bottomless desire to study forbidden and/or strange magics.
Suddenly, his ear twitched from hearing a noise at the door. He'd attach the tome to his belt's chain and hopped over the loft's railing to run to the front door. Was it another feral worgen sniffing about, trying to find a way inside?
Nyil would whisper a spell to grasp a fireball in his hand as he unlatched the door's lock. He threw the door open in a swing of his arm. Just as he was about to hurl the explosive spell, he saw it wasn't a wild, sharp-toothed worgen looking to tear him apart. It was his twin sister.
"Nyila.. What are you doing in Gilneas? It's dangerous.", Nyil asked as he extinguished the flame in his hand.
"Our older brother Mytheczar is looking for you, y'know. He wants to talk. I saw him before I crossed through Silvermoon's Orb of Translocation and I though I'd stop by to give a heads up."
Nyil gave a disgruntled scowl before he'd back away to give Nyila entrance to the house. "I don't plan on exchanging words with him. He'll come all this way for nothing."
Nyila simply smiled. "Well he'll be here tomorrow!.. I think. He also has a gift for you! He says it's some genetic material he found of our mother and father."
Nyil's eyes widened. To replicate a parent would bring back a warm feeling he used to know before both of his parents perished... Though, the darker side of him felt he would rather use the genetic material for something else. Something sinister.
Nyil's scowl faded and curved his mouth into a sly smile. "I might have been a bit harsh in the rejection of our brother's plans to visit..."
Nyila smiled brighter in her twin's reconsideration. "Great! Uhm. Can I go make some tea?!"
"Top shelf of the pantry.", Nyil replied with his new smile. Nyila giggled and turned to hurry towards the dining area.
He pushed the door shut and smiled darkly to himself. "Tea for now, for there are experiments soon to come.."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm 'slightly' familiar with setting up a private server launcher, but I think I can figure it out with the right tutorials you guys have for new members. Hope to be out there making stories with the CotH community!
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon WAFalotico has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello WAFalotico, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Additionally, if you have skype and want to connect to the community there, we have an official skype group. For more information, read this thread. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

Luckily for you there's a lot of Blood Elf RP going on and in planning, especially surrounding nobility. I would keep my eyes on the active noble houses that can be found here. If you need more help than some of the links that I've provided above when it comes to installing the client and getting in game, let me know.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo