Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Prodigal wiki-guru looking to ease back into roleplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, folks!

Some of you may know me, while some of you may not. I'm a longtime member and (twice-over) former game master looking to return to Conquest of the Horde after a hefty absence. We just released our technical preview, so it looks like I'll have reasonably more free time in the near future.

Not to mention that our leadership is hiring another person like me -- or cloning me -- which would be immensely helpful in reducing my workload.

I'm looking to start small, if possible: no huge guilds, minimal events, and preferably with a small group of like-minded individuals. I'd prefer to start out with just a single character, flesh them out, and gradually fit back into the community. If possible, having a broad plan for developing the characters and their stories would be immensely appreciated.

Just some quick background on me:
  • I reside on the West Coast of the United States with most of my availability occurring late in the evening or during the weekends (unless I sneak some time in while at the office);
  • I'm an older player, both in terms of time in the community and time on this earth;
  • I have a strong understanding of Warcraft lore and a willingness to research areas where I have little knowledge;
  • I have neither race nor faction restrictions;
  • I generally do not play outright evil characters since they don't quit my personality (and I'm always afraid of being far too over-the-top);
  • I prefer my own character concepts, though I may consider creating a specific character to fill a plot hole as long as I have flexibility in character creation, portrayal, and future;
  • I enjoy roleplay that builds interpersonal relationships and weaves stories between characters over an extended period of time; and
  • I believe in inclusiveness in roleplay, as well as working within the lore to make nearly anything possible.

You can also learn more about me at my userpage on the wiki, in addition to learning more about my past characters.

Feel free to reply with ideas. I'm open to joining existing roleplay or creating entirely new characters with others. Ideally, I'd be starting sometime this weekend, though I may have to delay that until next weekend; it depends on how many bugs are filed after today and if there's need for me to work this weekend.

Thanks! Let me know if there are any questions, comments, or concerns!
Piroska? Returning? And looking for people to RP with?

[Image: 102617-Hunger-Games-I-Volunteer-gif-J-nIb2.gif]
I'm honestly unsure what to suggest from my end, but hit me up on Skype! I did just post a personals thread if you want a clue there.
(01-21-2015, 07:39 PM)c0rzilla Wrote: [ -> ]I'm honestly unsure what to suggest from my end, but hit me up on Skype! I did just post a personals thread if you want a clue there.
I'll check it out!

(01-21-2015, 07:37 PM)SachikoMaeda Wrote: [ -> ]Piroska? Returning? And looking for people to RP with?

Cannot lie -- I laughed.
(01-21-2015, 07:37 PM)SachikoMaeda Wrote: [ -> ]Piroska? Returning? And looking for people to RP with?

I'd love to RP with you, too!!

EDIT: I have a personal thread somewhere in here that lists my available characters, but I would also love to make a new one!
Wikoska, we could always RP.
n-notice me senpai

Let me drink your brain-juice and learn to become a Wiki Master. ;o;
I could not hit the like button enough. Welcome back!

(Roll a Dwarf! :3)
It has taken years of pestering, years! But here we are! Now let me see what there is...

First and foremost, Blood Elf RP is on a rise as of recent. Most notably the Blood Elf Noble Houses. Piroska could come back from her extended vacation and pay her little brother a visit. (Though her profile would notably need an update.)

Everyone loves, and misses, Hajnal!

Human RP is decently abundant, especially with C0rzilla's recent event line Hope in the Dust. I know you're not the event sort'a gal, but it might something to interest ole Aliz- not to mention I miss the dynamics between her and Asha.

I could go like this for days. Whatever you do, don't be a stranger!
Oh dear. You guys are making me blush!

As a general reply, the high incidence of blood elf roleplay does make me want to bring back Piroska. We never really had the opportunity to flesh her out as much as I'd like, and the possibility of inter-House politics really intrigues me. I'll let the idea simmer and see if that's something that appeals to me.

@"Jonoth", dwarves, man. I like me some dwarves. Hajnal is definitely a possibility, though -- to be honest -- I was actually considering rolling a gnome and seeing if I could get into that sweet, sweet dwarf lovin' that way.

On a fun side note, I'm working from home today. That means that I'm not suffering two or so hours on a bus and can start installing World of Warcraft again without feeling guilty. I'll keep folks appraised and hit the technical assistant forums if I run into any issues.

Thanks for the enthusiastic replies. They made me feel all warm 'n' fuzzy inside.