Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: This is an Introduction Thread name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost, tell us about yourself as a player/roleplayer/gamer:

Hi, I'm Servile. For those who don't know, Servile means: having or showing an excessive willingness to serve or please others. Now that is out of the way, I began role playing when I was around ten years old, and have been a gamer nearly my entire life. Well, since I could hold a controller or my Gameboy colour. I blame my older brother, really. But, I more or less was introduced to WoW when my brother was playing it, and while he was in raids, I'd take his place while he was afk.
I started out sucking at video games, but now I'd like to say I have some decent skill, and an intense burning passion to play ALL the games.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm Canadian, eh. I speak the English.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the community?:

I'm a nerd...I like WoW. I see CotH...and it be like, 'WANT.'
No, but in all honesty I've been looking for a good role play forum and was recommended this by my brother-who no longer has the time for CotH. So, I decided to join.

As we are a roleplaying community, what kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy ALL the role plays. Well...yeah, pretty much anything. I've tried all, enjoyed it. As long as I'm typing the words and doing the imagination, I'm happy. Though, bare with me when it comes to battle scenes.

What sorts of games do you generally play? Tell us a few of your favorites!:

Again, ALL the games. I'm more into RPG, but really when it comes down to it, I like any and all.
My favourite would have to be Oblivion and Skyrim, as well as all the Dragon Age games.

What are your expectations of this community?:

I have no expectations, as long as everyone is respectful. Though, drama is everywhere, so I'm not going to set some huge expectation that no forum would ever be able to meet. As long as the mods and admin are fair, that's all I expect.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our community, which appeals to you the most?:

PG-13, given LOTS of people will only go to a forum for sex. Let me tell you a secret...role play sex is lame. I'd much rather go on in an awesome adventure without sex. Because, really, ain't nobody got time for that.

Show off some of your roleplay skills with a story, if you'd like!:

Hnng effort. Here's a little piece from a story I am currently writing.

Human are sheep, they fear the unknown, and tend to rely on any source that has any small amount of truth to it that has come to them. In no way, though, are we human. We are what humans would call, ‘mythical beings,’ but my dears, we are oh so very real. Here and now, I take you to the planet of Autros Raxen, where us ‘mythical beings’ live. Human beings came to our beloved planet merely five months ago, and already they have managed to destroy one of our forests. We have a large expansion of land, twice the size of their home planet Earth which they had destroyed over time and made incredibly uninhabitable. I am Uru-Lokesh, the dragon over ruler of our lovely planet. We have no rules on this planet, accept the pecking order that we have developed over time. Herbivores on the bottom, carnivores on top. Equines such as Kirin, Kelpie, Unicorns, etcetera are included in the top ruling beings, given their history of murdering many humans. We are a planet that despises the human race, and tolerate little to none of their existence.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Not at all.
Welcome, Corgi-Servile!
I am glad you have a passion for gaming and RP! As you may have noticed from a few of the threads around here, we are no longer focused strictly on WoW RP, so you may have the opportunity to try out a few different games with other members. I know quite a few folks are currently playing GW2, and we are also working on getting a few other game servers running (though I admit most are in the planning/development stages, such as for MUDing or NWN[2]).
I would suggest to join us in Skype (there's a link in the Off Topic forum that I can't currently link to because I'm on mobile)! We often do much of our communication on there. Don't forget to message someone that can give you speaking privileges, as noted in the Skype thread.
At any rate, thank you for joining us! Hopefully you'll have the opportunity to create some great RP memories!