Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Game Research: I'm So Buff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ahoy! This thread is part two of my research into developing a MMORPG. You can still reply to my original thread, which was centered around things you'd like to see that would break the mold of more traditional games.

Today's topic: What are your favorite buffs?

I'm referring to offensive and defensive, active and passive, and everything in-between. I'm also curious as to whether people like triggered buffs (for example, gain attack speed upon getting a critical strike) or "always on" buffs.

Have at it!
IMO one of the most annoying things is playing a game by chance. I prefer static buffs. Temporary ones are interesting. Ones with designed synergy or E-Z- Mode synergy (you next attack does +20% damage).

On a slight tangent, I much prefer cooldowns versus resource management. Buffs that reduce cooldown or allow for a second 'charge' to be stored for future burst-damage needs could make things exciting.

Furthermore, I don't like downtime. In-between fights should be used for anything but sitting around while regen ticks away. Passive buffs that help with this tend to be my favorite.
I hate that healers are viewed as a 'oh let's make them fun class'. They're fun as they are. I enjoy supporting my teammates.

I prefer playing buffers/debuffers, but few games support that. Preventing damage rather than bandaiding damage.
For the love of god, movement speed bonuses.
(06-09-2015, 01:41 PM)Spiralin Wrote: [ -> ]For the love of god, movement speed bonuses.
SoW plz!