Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Need help with an odd problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded WoW and the BC and patched up to 3.03. When I go to log into to the game, log-in screen is covered in snow whith a frost wrym flying around, I have not downloaded WotLK yet....soooooo whats going on?

Also, I saved the relmslist file to WoW, but thier is another one right abouve from a previous attempt after it still did not let me connect to CotH, I still cannot and would like to know if the files should be saved somewere in particular (I tried saving them to "DATA" and it did not work, I have already ran the repair file before trying to download it again) Can any one understand what I am saying?
I've just been through the same thing. The 3.0.1 patch automatically changes the login screen to Wrath of the Lich King colours and wyrmness, regardless if you own it or not. It's a permanent change, and probably a small reminder to people that they should buy the expansion. But as long as you don't have WotLK installed, don't worry about it. It's not actually there, just the background.

And as far as the realmlist files goes, you need to replace the existing one. It's in the \World of Warcraft\Data\enUS folder.
Ok a few things here, the Snowy background with the Wyrm is normal, when you update to 3.0.3 it changes the log in screen. And your realmlist is now hiding. I found that if you search your WoW folder for it by using search it helps. :)
In case you don't know Bard, press control+F to do a file search I think. It is apple+spacebar on a mac.
Thank you guys so much!! I am deeply and confidently in your debt. I was able to find my relmslist through search and it has been changed, as soon as I download WotLK I'll be ready to play.....THANK YOU AGAIN!!!
The Bard Wrote:Thank you guys so much!! I am deeply and confidently in your debt. I was able to find my relmslist through search and it has been changed, as soon as I download WotLK I'll be ready to play.....THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

REMEMBER! Once you install WotLK, it'll automatically change the realmlist to the default, so you'll have to replace it again. Just telling you in advance, because that's just what happened to me.
Gah. Blizzard and their crazy constant realmlist changing!
Thanks again and again, though I will not be able to download it until tomorrow night at the soonest, is there any way I can play on the server without it? If not I'll wait.
Nope. No way unless you have Wotlk.
Very well.
You can actually play with WotLK not installed. Just send a PM requesting an account flag change.

I'll see about changing that in the account creation process so folks can choose whether or not they want their account WotLK-enabled.