Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Mounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've sort of been wondering. While I understand the need for Live game restrictions on mounts, I am not so sure about it here. In the RP aspect, level's don't matter and mounts -horses at least- should be accessible to anyone with the right funds.

So I was wondering if there was anyway to cut off the level requirements for mounts and their training (At least horses) so that more people could be using a more obvious form of transport instead of running their way half way across the world. I see no harm to it as the money would still be a requirement, and having a horse isn't necessarily a big deal either, just makes transport simple and easy, as mounts were meant to be.
We did remove the level requirment pre-WotLK and I bet we´ll do it again, but right now we are pretty much just waiting for the database to become stable before we start adding our own stuff.

My answer could be over-ruled by other GMs though, I´m cluless when it comes to the database.
Well, Basically what I was going to say was what Nostra said. But for now you should probably just focus on the acuall RP to get vouches so you can get that shiny mount. Usually RP happens in one of the major cities, or atleast starts there. :)
I agree. People would be better off being able to ride a racial mount from level 1, as long as they can pay.

On the subject of mounts, maybe there could be some sort of way to determine if a player character deserved a special mount to ride. Like, a bear for a dwarf or something similar?

Horses, rams, darksabers are all very good, but I think that -if- people (And I'm talking seasoned players here) wants special mounts, they should probably write some sort of RP story as to how they obtained the mount. Since it didn't just drop out of the sky. (And I doubt you'd see some human lad riding around on a large glowing undead horse either) A special mount would be part of the character, more than just some regular horse, so special consideration should be given to where it came from, and how the player came into possession of it. Or that's what I think, anyway.

And I think many of us name our steeds, don't we?
I think that's an excellent idea. Better yet, I believe you should have to RP it out in game with getting the mount. Makes for some more storylines.
Again, we are waiting for the server to become stable.
waffenbaum Wrote:Like, a bear for a dwarf or something similar?

I read this as "a bear OR a dwarf" and nearly spit my drink onto my monitor. I'm okay now.
Qaza Wrote:
waffenbaum Wrote:Like, a bear for a dwarf or something similar?

I read this as "a bear OR a dwarf" and nearly spit my drink onto my monitor. I'm okay now.

HOLY CRAP Hoof -needs- a dwarf mount.

And I'm done.