Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Emi is here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As a note to the mods and admins who look at this, if my application isn't accepted, can you please leave a message saying why? I see a lot of apps are either being ignored, or not accepted, and none have no responses from the admins and mods...tell me what's wrong with my app and I will improve it. I've answered all the questions to the best of my ability, and I also included a rather large section to show my RPing ability. So, please, let me know if I'm not accepted instead of just not replying, and I will fix it up.

1. First things first! Did you read the rules, policies, and FAQs?

Yeap, I read them all. I had to...cause I couldn't figure out what to do XP I definitely think I'll start by reading the FAQ from now on (after the rules and what not of course).

2. How did you hear about us?

I was searching for an RP server for World of Warcraft using Google. I can't afford the game itself, and I don't feel like paying $30 ever 2 months anyway for a game card when I have a 5% chance of finding an RP group in the real game. So, I hopped on Google and did a search, and after a day or two, I found this server. It seems to be the only RP server, so I'm hoping to get accepted because I really want to RP on World of Warcraft, and I even have a couple friends who might join if I can get in, and they RP better then me.

3. How did you get into RP?

I was in a Digimon roleplaying group about 6-8 years ago. I started out only being okay at roleplaying, but I enjoyed it. Over the 3 years the group was around, my roleplaying got better, and I enjoyed roleplaying more and more the more I got into it and better at it. Finally, when the group shut down, I began searching for other sources of roleplaying. Over time, I found World of Warcraft and roleplayed on that for a while. I enjoyed it, and when my account ran up, I felt like I needed a true RP experience. I didn't want to pay $30 a month for a small chance of RP. I found this server, and was hoping to join for a real chance of RPing on World of Warcraft.

4. How did you get into Warcraft?

My brother got into it for a while. He showed it to me a few times, but I had no interest in it. Finally, he told me there were RP servers, and so I took the BC trial offer. I then bought WoW and BC and played on the RP servers there for a while until WotLK came out. At that point, I had had enough of the RPing on WoW and began a search for a private server. I found this one shortly after, and am now trying to join.

5. What is your favorite race/class?

I love playing as a blood elf. My main character is always a blood elf warlock named Ranawen. From there, I usually had a mage named Tamuril that was Ranawen's RP sister, but since the release of the Death Knight, I have changed her story to having been taken by the Scourge and risen as a Death Knight. I love the Warlock, and I love the Death Knight, so I play as both more often then any other class. Although, I do love the mage as well. They're tons of fun.

6. What is your favorite kind of character to play?

I don't exactly understand the difference in questions...but I'll try anyway. Sorry if I fail, but I just don't understand.

My favorite kind of character to play is Ranawen and Tamuril. Tamuril is the kind of character who has lost all of her memories and is trying to remember who she is again. Ranawen is a headstrong character who is somewhat arrogant and tends to anger easily. She's more or less based off of me in real life. Ranawen also tends to be a bit more...adult...then Tamuril. By that, I mean she enjoys...adult activities. This server, however, isn't really geared toward that, so I'll be dropping that part of her personality.

7. What is your favorite kind of RP?

Err...I don't really know...I just enjoy RPing a lot of things basically. I prefer the medieval kind...but I don't really know how else to answer this question. Sorry.

8. Do you have any hobbies (outside of Warcraft)/talents/stupid human tricks?

Not really...I wish I did...I have a job at McDonalds, but that's it. I'd answer in a longer answer...but to be honest...how do you answer in a paragraph when the answer is simply "no" without spending a paragraph just to say that you don't know how to answer in a paragraph when the answer is simply "no". I mean, I could continue to sit here and ramble on, but I'd prefer not to. It looks pretty dumb, so I'll just leave you with the answer of "Nope, I have no real hobbies outside WoW"

9. What country are you from?

I live in michigan in the United States. I run on Eastern Time as I live in the southern peninsula of it. I live in the Lake Fenton district, even though it is technically still Fenton, cause we use "Fenton" for the city, not Lake Fenton. So...that's about the best I can answer, and I hope all of these edits are better, cause this is the best I can get with answering IRL stuff when there isn't much to say. I've never really done much in life, which I do kind of regret, but at the same time, I just don't know what to do, even though I'm 20.

10. Remember question #1? Do you agree to abide by the rules and policies?

Since my last version didn't seem to do it, I'll post this in pledge form.

I, Emily-Ann Michelle, hereby vow that I shall abide by the rules and policies of this server. I will do my best to not step out of line, and I will re-read the rules on occasion to make sure there have been no changes in the rules or policies. I will stick to pure RP while on the server (unless there is also an OOC chat channel, which I shall, thus, join as well so that I may still talk normally too). I shall also keep any OOC chat in the OOC channel alone (if there is one).

Since I'm no good at answering questions in paragraphs, I figured I would post an example of my RPing skill.

The door to the halls opened slowly as a woman dressed in black entered. Her emerald eyes looked around the room and her blonde hair flowed gently as she turned her head. She looked absolutely stunning, and the outfit she wore was tight upon her body, showing her well developed bust. She noticed a group of orcs sitting around a table, and her long ears twitched as she focused on their words, but from such a distance, she couldn't hear. She then stepped forward, her feet seeming to glide across the floor as she slipped behind one of the orcs without a single sound. "Boo," she spoke quietly, causing the orc to jump and whip around. With a quick move she jumped back, landing a few feet away. She smiled and waved and the orc charged forward in anger.

She bent her legs at the knees and pushed forward, doing a quick flip over the orcs head, landing behind him and whirling around. In a single motion, she drew a dagger that was concealed the sleeve of her shirt and brought it to the back of the orc. She did not stab him, but meerly smirked as her dagger was pinned into a spot where the orc could not move without being stabbed.

The second orc then jumped forward, and the blood elf woman quickly whirled around once again. She dodged the orc's lunge, then put her hands together and quickly formed a few hand gestures. She then plunged her hands into the orc's back and watched as the orc burst into flame. The orcs now realized they were dealing with a warlock, and they quickly bit their lips as they thought what to do.

The elf smirked and looked towards the other orcs. "So aggressive," she spoke. "I'm a blood elf, I'm on your side."

"Then why did you jump us?" one of the orcs asked.

"I like being sneaky is all. I didn't think you would jump me."

"Why are you here?"

"To deliver a message." The elf pulled out a small piece of paper from her pack and handed it to one of the orcs. "I'm the new recruit."

"But you're an elf!" an orc shouted as he grabbed the note. He read it, but it only confirmed her words.

"I may be an elf, but I'm a pretty good warlock, and you guys are going on a mission that would benefit me."

"And how would our mission benefit you?" another orc asked.

"Because, when we get to Northrend, I can search for my sister."
so...since I've seen 5 mods on, and about 10 apps accepted since I posted mine...and none of the ones that were accepted were mine but were always right next to mine...is it safe to assume I'm not accepted? If so, then why? Is it because I didn't answer the questions in paragraphs? What does answering a question have to do with RP skill? I'm just curious. I posted an RP example, and no one has said anything. The least you could do is say "Good RP example, but you failed to answer the questions properly." So...can a mod PLEASE say why I have not been accepted?
Have you read any of the several other posts addressing your question?
several other posts? I only see yours and mine...
Qaza means other peoples Introductions. Look in the Approved Intro's and you will see what you did. Just thought I'd say my money's worth.
Oh...so the fact I didn't answer the questions in paragraphs, but gave a whole page of RP example is why I didn't get accepted? Honestly...why can't you just answer the question outright? The ability to answer the questions in paragraphs or not should not determine your RP skill. I gave a whole page of RP to show that I can, in fact, roleplay...I see no reason why my profile should thusly be ignored.
The page of RP wasn't bad... but that doesn't belong in your Intro. You should consider doing a proper Intro like some of the others. That way you can approved fast and actually get to the RP in the game. What I am saying is "Follow the Format given if you wish to be approved fast." The GM's want details on why you like to RP and that sort of thing. Hopefully you will take this advice.
The questions are not there to show that you can roleplay, you show you can roleplay by earning your vouches. They are there to show you are able to follow simple directions and impress us. If you had indeed read what you were supposed to, you would have known that our silence did -not- mean denial. If you are denied we -will- tell you. If your introduction has been sitting for a few days, then it's probably not what we'd like to deny, yet not quite right.
Well, in that case, Mikain, you should say so. Once you've said so, the person can know "Oh, ok, so I haven't been denied. If I fix it up a bit, I should be able to get accepted completely" If the first mod had said "I won't deny this, but I won't accept it either. You need to fix <this problem>." I would have fixed it from the start...it's been a pain just figuring out what I did wrong so I could fix it...Also, I thought the questions had to do with checking our RP skill, that's how I interpreted the topic that said to post these questions and answer them, that's why I added the RP example. I'm bad at answering random questions like that in paragraphs, but I'm good at RPing is all. I'll see what I can do to fix it up now.
Let's not try and get started on a bad footing here. Welcome to the server.