Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Trouble connecting... a way to verify password?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hate to ask, but I have went through all the stickies.

I have downloaded the realmlist file

cleared the cache

Am using wow.exe not the launcher

I checked to make sure that I really did register a game account and it says that name exists, so I did.

I have tried the password I remembered putting in, but perhaps I could be wrong, is there a way to get the password reset?

Thanks for your help.
Mhm. Im sure once Kretol gets on he can (A) Give you your password again or (B) Reset it. Next time I suggest writeing down the password and/or account somewhere. I have a hidden and locked folder on my computer so no one but me can access it. Thats where I stash info. In the mean time you could work on some character profiles and/or concepts. xD

~ Kaelvan
What does it say when you try to log in?

Are you on the right patch version?

And when I store sensetive info like that I´ve noticed that it´s better to have it on a note somewhere instead, never knows who can take control over your computer.
I am on 3.0.3

I am pretty sure its the right password, but it is telling me that the account name or password is incorrect.
Do you use any non-standard characters?

Edit: Don't answer, but if so, that could be the problem.
No, its pretty standard stuff. I use it on other game accounts, so something I am typically familiar with (not so secure I know, but still)
You might have done something like accidentally adding a space to the end of the name during creation, it's happened before to a few people.
Are you certain your realmlist file is in the proper location?
That's been one of the most common user errors I've seen as of late with the move of it since patch 3.0
my old realm list file was in the main folder. That is where I put the new one. Is there another location for it?
You'll have to put the realmlist in World of Warcraft/Data/enUS (Or enGB if you're a European like me), this changed with WotLK.

Did you do that?
No, I will do that here in a bit and try it. I didn't know it had changed. I didn't update to the new expansion till I decided to try this server out, so I will do that once I finish an update on my computer.

-UPDATE

Ok, that did work! Thanks! I didn't realize that it needed the Lich King client, other than the update for 3.0.3, so i have to go get that now, hehe.

Thanks again for your help.
I'm glad that I could help.

If you PM me your E-mail or MSN address then I could even send you the 'InstallWoW.exe' program so that you can download and install WotLK onto your PC.
I managed to get on for just a bit after borrowing a friend's retail Lich King. Thanks again for all the help. I look forward to getting to know the characters on here!