Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Intros and Pennysnappers! (No idea what a pennysnapper is.)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. First things first! Did you read the rules, policies, and FAQs?
Yes! I have read the rules! The rules are shiny!

2. How did you hear about us?
Google! Behold the mighty power of google.

3. How did you get into RP?
Hmm. This is a bit of a multi-faceted answer. Ok – getting into RP actually started with my father, who got me into videogames. He was the one who bought my first videogame counsel and videogame (Playstation 1, Final Fantasy 7), and he was the one who got me into MMORPG's. Ultima Online was the first one. That was back when I was like, ten.

I got into actual RP because of some high school friends and the “old/original” World of Darkness series by White Wolf publishing. And there was also an online Sailor Moon game called “Sailor Myth” which was my first text-based RP.

4. How did you get into Warcraft?
Again, my father, some many odd years ago.

5. What is your favorite race/class?
Alliance – Human. I don't have anything against the other races, but I just find it hard to slip into their personas.
Horde – It's harder to pick favorites here, but I like the Forsaken and the Darkspear trolls more than the others. The Forsaken are really messed up, and I see a lot of family quirks in the trolls.

6. What is your favorite kind of character to play?
My most common type of character is someone with family issues. Of course, those issues vary from “Time to make Daddy love me!” to “Don't mind me, I'm just off to commit patricide.” Barring that, I love to have someone else to play “the rival” off of, and my characters more often than not tend to be chessmasters/tricksters. Though all that sounds very serious, I'm perfectly able to do comedy, but I usually don't make characters with the purpose of them being “funny.” The funny is usually situational, a case of letting off steam, or obfuscating stupidity. I admit it, I'm a drama ho.

7. What is your favorite kind of RP?
I'm extremely fond of the five-man-band trope. A group with a mission, but more importantly, a group that grows and changes with each other. They may not get along all the time, but darnit they stick together! I'm also a bit fond of doing a certain amount of OOC plotting so that the RP group/person have an agreement/understanding of what's expected from long-term plots or stories.

8. Do you have any hobbies (outside of Warcraft)/talents/stupid human tricks?
I'm a wibble college student, so I spend a lot of time reading. More specifically, I'm a Creative Writing major, with a minor in Technical Writing, so I spend a lot of time writing. My own personal hobby is finding awful books and critiquing them while protecting my IQ. Being rather sedentary, I'm an amateur artist and photoshopper, with a love of attending local markets and festivals, and kayaking.

9. What country are you from? (Or, if you're uncomfortable with that question, what is your first language? We don't need to know exactly where you live, just what general time zone you're in and if you need some wiggle room on your spelling and grammar.)
United States, Eastern Standard. Born and bred!

10. Remember question #1? Do you agree to abide by the rules and policies?
Yes, I agree to abide by the rules and the policies.
Welcome, mate!

<3 Sailor Moon.
Ah yes. Sailor Moon - the good ol' days when you didn't need an explination for the transformation sequence.