Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: I patched! Noooooo!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, since I just found this site today, I have already patched to 3.0.8. As neat as some of the new changes are, I sadly didn't have the insight to copy my WoW folder beforehand.

Anyways, how would I "downgrade" my game to the server's current level? I'm on a mac and therefore I have no "repair" function in the directory. I are confursed!
I believe you should be able to simply delete your patch.mpq file and then start repatching manually.
Alright, I'll try that. Thanks for speedy input!

Update: Alright...well...I deleted patch.MPQ and I logged into live servers. All textures on the log-in and character selection were missing. When I chose a character to see what would happened, the game crashed and I got an error prompt.

I never got prompted to patch. What now?

Update: Augh! Where does patch.MPQ normally go? I can't fix it! /seizure

Update: Ok, found where patch.MPQ goes, my files are back to normal. The question of downgrading still remains.
No worries, good luck. Hope it works. XD
I'm having similar problems as well. I remember when making an account there was a guide on how to "downgrade" from 3.0.8 to 3.0.3. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find this guide anywhere on the site. I tried to then manually "downgrade" from 3.0.8, then used the Repair tool, and it just repaired me right back to 3.0.8 again. ><

Can someone please repaste the link on how to "downgrade" from 3.0.8 to 3.0.3?

I'm using a GB European version of this game, in case I should be doing something different.

Edit: *girl cries* I still can't find the link, I'm continuously patched right back up to 3.0.8. Please help...
Bump.
You might be best waiting for Kretol to patch to 3.0.8 which might not be far off. Otherwise, I think you can delete an MPQ file and repair your game to 3.0.0 if you really wanted to, and patch up after of course. It might take a while though.
Whenever I use "Repair", it uses the Blizzard v3.0.0, which oddly patches it right back up to 3.0.8, despite it being called v3.0.0. Am I doing something wrong?
Try Gamers Hell or Arakkoa for your patches.

They have most of them.
What he means is, download the patch manually.
Ah, without using Repair? Thanks, I'll try that now.
Uhh... You'll want to repair to 3.0.0, then patch to 3.0.3