Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Concerning the Death Bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright. So there is a Death Bug that is preventing people from reviving once they die, unless done so by a GM.

I'm going to spell this out for people.

Don't die.

We're not here to babysit you.

If you continue to put yourself in a position where death is possible, and you die, we will not revive you. You know there is a bug. You continue to ignore it and put more work on US, which is not fair by any stretch of the imagination. So, if you do something stupid and get yourself killed, you better be prepared for that character to remain a ghost until it gets resolved in the code.

That is all.
I understand that I have little to no say in the matter, but I was wondering.

Is it always the player "being stupid" that gets them killed? Today, one of my characters died in Ashenvale, fighting one monster his level. I tried to heal myself, but the thing got a nice shot, and yes, I died, and got the bug.

So, I logged back off, took a look at my character list, and decided to roll a new character. I made a blood elf rogue, and was wandering around on the isles, doing some quests to gain levels. My computer has been having MASSIVE lag spikes, and after three or for minutes of questing, my computer froze in the middle of fighting, and about a minute later, the server disconnected me. I logged back in to find myself experiencing the death bug once more.

Are situations like these; Regular hunting, and being lagged out, going to be regarded as "players being stupid and ignorant of the bug?".
Or, is the above post just a temporary rule before there's a way to sort out the problem?

Thanks,
Amion.
He's telling you not to get into a situation that could result in death. All combat can result in your death, don't do it. Just stick to safe places or somewhere you know you won't get mauled, and if you do don't expect a rez.
In other words Hardcore Mode has been enabled. You're best bet is to roll a Barbarian and devote all level up points into STA for the time being (getting enough str and dex for gear only). Use chipped gems to make rejuv potions, and be ready to DC immediately when you sense B-Net lagging.
Kaghuros Wrote:He's telling you not to get into a situation that could result in death. All combat can result in your death, don't do it. Just stick to safe places or somewhere you know you won't get mauled, and if you do don't expect a rez.

This.

If you are hunting, and you get killed, yes, that counts as "being stupid."
Oh ouch. Well then, My characters will soon be heading to Ironforge and Ogrimmar respectively, I'm slightly curious as to what cities are currently the "rp-hubs" of the server, in case the road there proves impossibly deadly.
I was planning on updating the server revision for 3.0.8, however I won't have time before heading out of town. On the flipside, while I'm gone I'll still have internet access, so I'll try to add a tool to the Components section that will automatically revive a character and port them to their bind point as a temporary solution.
Kretol, you have no idea how helpful that would be! :D

Cheers mate.
Sweet can't wait till the component is done.

*Embarrassed Look* Gerald kinda died because of a stupid NPC......
I -think- it should be working properly now.

Try using the Unstucker on the Components page, and in addition to porting you to your bind point, it should also revive you and set you to 1hp. (Otherwise you'd stay at 0hp and potentially just 're-die')

Feel free to test it out!
I tried to do this on a alt of mine, but it still doesn't seems to change health.

I just ended up lying dead in Northshire Valley.

Edit: Ah.. I got this wrong, but the unstucker page doesn't seems to be working, it says:

"The Dreaded Error 404

The file you're looking for:

/javascript:void(0);

has spontaneously combusted. We regret to have to inform you of this tragic event.

Were you directed here from another page?

http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/index.php?pid=3

Let Kretol know there's a broken link on that page, if you were!"
When I try to use the Unstucker is tell my "You have invalid characters...." I'm typing it correctly and yet....it is wrong. Bummer for me, hopes it works for everyone else though.
Woo! Should be working properly now.

Not sure why you'd be getting that 404 error, to be honest. What browser are you using? And are you using a Mac?
Kretol you Rock! Worked perfect for me.
Thanks Kretol. You are -the man-.
Pages: 1 2