Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: An Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. First things first! Did you read the rules, policies, and FAQs?

I did indeed. I uh, most solemnly swear to uphold them!

2. How did you hear about us?

I took a break from WoW for a while, a bit discouraged about the community on retail RP servers. I just decided to search around for private RP servers on a whim, and found a blog entry linking to your site. I don't know anyone who has played here, but it sounds excellent.

3. How did you get into RP?

The first online roleplaying I did was in Neverwinter Nights; a friend got me into that. Warcraft has always left me a bit nostalgic for the RP servers in that game. The unmoderated, "hands off" RP as is found in retail Warcraft can't compare to RP that is encouraged, enforced and rewarded by a gamemaster. Even so, I've probably done more RPing in WoW than other games. I started on Argent Dawn, and played on Moon Guard until recently.

4. How did you get into Warcraft?

Playing the real time strategy game a long time ago. I don't really know why. To this day I can't play RTS games without facing a gigantic horde of enemy units while my peasants still try to build their first hovel. If I'm perfectly honest with myself it was probably for the silly remarks when you click on people. Since I was familiar with the universe I was eager to try their MMORPG. And hey, they even retained the silly remarks.

5. What is your favorite race/class?

Dwarf Rogue. The combination of a loud, hairy drunk combined with a scheming, conniving crook amuses me to no end. That, and I enjoy transcribing accents all too much. So for that matter, Trolls are a fine race to play as well.

6. What is your favorite kind of character to play?

I like playing characters that are outgoing, energetic, and impulsive. The quiet brooding type has his merits, but I've found the characters who can wind up on a random, goofy adventure with a perfect stranger to be much more satisfying. I like the bar-brawling dwarf, the bewildered Quixotic knight, the wizard with harebrained schemes to achieve greater power--pretty much anything that is likely to create entertaining situations.

7. What is your favorite kind of RP?

I like RP that creates adventures rife with wackiness and improbable mischief. One of my favorite nights of RP began with my dwarf and his cronies drinking in a Stormwind pub, which somewhere along the line led to the vandalization of a Menethil ship, a brawl with said ship's surprisingly spirited chef and ultimately ended with being roughed-up by the guards in the stockades.

8. Do you have any hobbies (outside of Warcraft)/talents/stupid human tricks?

Reading, watching movies, standard "guy without a great deal of talent in any particular field" stuff.

9. What country are you from?

I am from the U.S., East Coast.

10. Remember question #1? Do you agree to abide by the rules and policies?

Har har, I had my fingers crossed. Wait, that doesn't work while you're typing. Yes, I agree to the rules and policies.
Heya.