Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: An Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone. My name's Matt, I'm 18 and this is my introduction. In a nutshell, I think I'm a pretty friendly guy who enjoys the game but doesn't get so serious that I sit in front of a computer for hours on end or gets angry at people who aren't good at the game. In fact I'm fairly new myself. I've been playing WoW for about 4 months now, so I understand most of the lingo and how to play the game, but some of the most advanced concepts are kind of confusing to me. But I am willing to learn. Hopefully you guys will enjoy my company.

1. First things first! Did you read the rules, policies, and FAQs?
Yes I did and I must say this is a very well organized group of gamers. I am very pleased that there are people like me who have a way of playing the game and enjoying it while at the same time being friendly to everyone and avoiding all the drama and rudeness that goes along with regular realms.

2. How did you hear about us?
When my friend got me hooked on this game he told me to join the PVP server he was on. I quickly became tired of being killed by shadowmelding night elves in THE BARRENS. When I asked him about it he told me that when I leveled up I could do the same thing to them, but then I realized that doing so would have no entertainment value whatsoever.

3. How did you get into RP?
So then I tried a public RP realm. The only difference there is that people can't kill each other. Nonetheless, they still find ways to mess with each other. For instance, an orc hunter found his way into northshire, and followed me around as I tried to kill mobs for quests. He would shoot them before I could attack them. I find that annoying, especially because the orc gains nothing from it. I just want to quest and play the game the way it was meant to be played.

4. How did you get into Warcraft?
One day I decided to download the free trial. At the time I had a pretty bad laptop, and after spending about 2 days downloading the game and patches, I ran out of hard drive space. So I got an external hardrive. Since I spent money on that, I might as well get WoW. I've been hooked ever since. (And I've gotten a better laptop!)

5. What is your favorite race/class?
When it comes to WoW, I'm very A.D.D. I play all the classes of all races, I just play them all. I don't have a favorite, but if I absolutely had to choose, I would say Blood Elf and Warlock.

6. What is your favorite kind of character to play?
I like to play the friendly kind. What I enjoy most is working with people and socializing. I'm not competitive, and all I'm really interested in is bettering myself and others.

7. What is your favorite kind of RP?
I'm not really sure how to answer this question. I'm not crazy about things like "speaking in character" and the like, but I can tolerate those things. Mainly I enjoy RP because it's a more personal experience and people cooperate rather than try to kill each other.

8. Do you have any hobbies (outside of Warcraft)/talents/stupid human tricks?
I play several instruments including the guitar, bass guitar, and piano, along with a little bit of drums and harmonica. I'm also on the Academic Team at my school. I enjoy swimming, driving, other video games, blogging, and I find long walks on the beach to be rather boring.

9. What country are you from? (Or, if you're uncomfortable with that question, what is your first language? We don't need to know exactly where you live, just what general time zone you're in and if you need some wiggle room on your spelling and grammar.)
I'm from the United States, Louisiana specifically. That would be the Central time zone, or GST - 6. My first language is English, but I understand French fairly well, and can make basic conversation in it.

10. Remember question #1? Do you agree to abide by the rules and policies?
Absolutely. They make sense and should be obeyed for obvious reasons.

Thank you for reading all of that. I hope to see you all soon!

Matt
Huuh, I get this odd feeling that you´re here to play the game in the old fashoined grindtastic way. Prepare to be disappointed, as of now there´s a lot of bugs dealing with class skills, many quests and mostly anything else, playing the game for PvE is also not why we are here, this is an RP server, mate, and RP is what we.

Anywho, I´ll give a shot at it and we´ll see how it ends, eh? Might have totally missunderstood your intro.
Thanks. And I do understand what you're saying. But I'd still like to give it a try. If I like it I like it. If not, I've haven't lost anything.