Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Non-Live wants me to Patch to 3.0.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, to start off, I'm goin' to tell you all now that I'm anti-PC savvy. I don't mess around with my settings all the time, and I'm pretty... Well... Dumb with this stuff.

So, while trying to set up my files to play on this wonderful private server, I think I must have done SOMETHING wrong. I followed every step and guide I could find on the forums, looked for people with similar problems, and I can't seem to figure this problem out.

What problem? Why, even though I skip the Blizz-Launcher, and use my Ronin account name and all, it still wants me to DL patches, including the newest 3.0.8.

Now, I think I messed up a while back when I wasn't sure about setting up my patch files again (I had patched to 3.0.8 before finding this sight yesterday, so I had to delete the thingie, do the repair program thing, so on so forth), and instead of trying to figure out which files to DL, I just sort of logged on...

Yeah, I know it was probably really dumb of me, but I'm tired and confused and I'm about ready to beat my PC with a bone while making monkey sounds.

So, when I logged on (useing the account I made on this site, remember) it started having me DL patches. The first two were just the 3.0.2 or something, and the 3.0.3, or whatever I'm supposed to need. Well, I figured everything would be all spring time from here on, but I was wrong. It now wants me to DL the latest patch.

So... If any of this makes sense, please help me... PLEASE!
The realmlist file has been moved to World of Warcraft/Data/enUS(or enGB), maybe that's the problem.

Did you put your realmlist there?
Well, bad news is that I didn't put it there.

The good news is that it is there, for whatever reason. Either way, where should I stick it?

I went ahead and tried just sticking it in the WoW folder itself, not in Data or anything, is that right? Or do I need to move my original "Live" realmlist.wtf file?
Open the realmlist that is in Data/enUS with notepad, change what it says to "set realmlist coth.game-host.org".

Don't use the launcher to start WoW, just use the WoW.exe file.

That should do the trick.
I opened the realmlist file in notepad and noticed how it contained a command string for starting the blizzard downloader. Of course, the custom realmlist file for this server overwrites that.

So, it stands to reason that there's an unmodified realmlist file in your game folder somewhere telling the game to update. That's my assumption anyway, hope you find the root of the problem.

Edit: Hurrr, Renierius beat me to it and made me look stoopid. I'm such a slow typist while working.
Alright, I'm more than happy to announce that everything is working A-okay now. I'm logged on, playing with my first lowbie, and I can't wait to jump into some great RP with you all soon!

Thank you VERY much for all the help!
It's quite alright, just remember that permadeath is currently turned on. So don't bite off more than you can chew.