Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A history of words
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. First things first! Did you read the rules, policies, and FAQs?
Yep. Started with the topics that I thought were relevant, moved on to the rest – which ended up being pertinent too. A few minor questions still bubbled up but nothing experience wouldn't alleviate, I'm sure.

2. How did you hear about us?
We-ll, I was lurking /v/ this morning and I saw a thread about private WoW servers. Someone was praising CotH as a bastion of delicious RP, which piqued my interest. Side note to whoever posted that: I wasn't the person you were talking to, was just lurking.

3. How did you get into RP?
Happenstance, mainly. I, like many of you I'm certain, played a lot of imagination games when I was young, before getting into the vidya games. And boy did I get into games. My first RPing was when I found this place called Telgard, this forum off somewhere in the internet. It was a place where one would fill out a very detailed character sheet and then be assigned a GM to sort of play with. Sometimes people would RP with another, but generally it was just the dude and the GM. We also did a lot of informal group RP in the general sub-forum.

Sometime later I found out about Gaia online through one of my weeaboo friends. Good RP is hard to find there, but it does exist! I drifted in and out of that place for years. A year or two ago I was heavy, really heavy for a long time, into RPing in a game called Jedi Knight Academy. It still has a moderate RP base, though not a lot of people on at a time (kinda like here, I gather). And those were great times, just holding on through the drama and whatnot. I even co-owned a server for a summer which had some truly memorable RPs.

Also, I play/host DnD games from time to time.

4. How did you get into Warcraft?
Played Tides of Darkness a LONG time ago, loved every part of it. WC3 came out, then frozen throne. I played those and really got into the lore they created. When WoW came out, I thought it was a really dumb idea that would flop within a year. It didn't. So eventually I played it out of curiosity. I still play it, though now sometimes with my (non gamer) wife who enjoys it, mostly due to Blizzard's catering to casuals. But I digress. I like the lore they hint at in WoW, it's pretty exciting seeing events like Thrall's reunion with his people in outlands, and stuff like Rexxar thrown in.

5. What is your favorite race/class?
I like rogues and healers best. But tanking is oh-so fun too, very tactical sometimes. As for race, probably trolls, but behind them is dwarves and the other horde races. Except for blood elves. f**k elves.

6. What is your favorite kind of character to play?
I like playing skewed commoners. Like grunts, crafters, and even niche salesmen (Clocks, anyone? Clocks?). But I've been known to lurk around as mercs otherwise. I'm not big on being a hero, or even a villain, but if RPs call for it, there's a chance I could rise to the occasion.

7. What is your favorite kind of RP?
You know, that's not an easy answer. It seems most game RP, at least in JKA, was forced around some sort of eventual or constant conflict. So I've done that a lot, but I don't think it's my favorite. Telgard was fantasy-adventure, but very character oriented. On gaia I guess I had the most choices. I liked realism, or close enough to it that it's interesting too.

I'm listing these out because I don't know what RP in WoW will be like, no idea. So I don't think I can answer that accurately within this setting just yet. Sorry!

8. Do you have any hobbies (outside of Warcraft)/talents/stupid human tricks?
I play a lot of games at the same time, WoW included. I watch TV series and movies with mai waifu too. When it's not one of the other, then I'm reading. I like reading fantasy (ala Salvatore or R. R. Martin), and contemporary stuff like Murakami. I RP from time to time, and I'm an English major so creative writing is being done all the time.

9. What country are you from?
America, mainly. All over America, ten different states (including Puerto Rico, which might as well be in the US). I live in California now, hopefully for the rest of my life (-8 hrs, pacific time)

10. Remember question #1? Do you agree to abide by the rules and policies?
Of course.
I have no idea what /v/ is but welcome anyway!
It's the vidya game section on 4ch. Also, thanks a bunch!