Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Virtue's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. First things first! Did you read the rules, policies, and FAQs?
Yes, I had a friend read them aloud to me first, then I went and read through them again myself.
They seem fairly straightforward and pleasantly strict.

2. How did you hear about us?
Said friend above was looking through non-retail sites while the server was down for scheduled maintenance. We've tried a few servers out, Like Ani-Wow and DominionWoW, and found that there are actually competant roleplayers who frequent non-retail sites. And it's populated!

3. How did you get into RP?
First time I ever roleplayed, me and my friends, we were about 8 or so, said "let's pretend to be the starfox crew, or the knights of the round, or whatever. We took on the roles of these characters and played them out how we thought they would act. We invented storylines, plots, villains, etc. This lead to D&D, which I've played ever since (I'm near 21 now). Between then and now, I also went into Drama. I'm a big fan of plays and musicals, and I heard that my highschool wasputting on Les Mis, so I auditioned for it, contesting a senior for the role of Valjean (I lost, thank god, but I still had a few good roles). I had Three+ years of acting, singing, and working with actors (who can be very difficult people, much like many roleplayers), took on many roles, and had alot of fun.
I had my first forum RP in middleschool, a fantasy based place called LordsofLegend, where I actually took my characters and interacted with people I didn't know. It REALLY helped me get a feel for how chat RP and post RP worked. It's there that I learned not to speak in chatspeak, never use the dreaded lol, and to not take control of other people's characters or godmod, as well as a good lesson in hokey overdramatized plots (amnesia, ho noes).
I played on World of Darkness Chats for quite a while with a friend, so I'm fairly familiar with this sanctioning process you guys seem to employ. It works. I've also been on roleplay servers on Retail WoW for over 4 years.
Sorry to bombard you with my life story, but I'm taking a business class. I'm currently in the habit of selling myself.

4. How did you get into Warcraft?
I played WC2 when I was in middle school. Can't remember a thing about it, except that those obnoxious turtle subs were hard to find, the goblins exploded, and the humans went through this weird gate to hell with all these funny looking pigs roaming around. In early highschool I picked up WC3 and loved the plot, so when WoW came, I picked it up and got stuck ever since.

5. What is your favorite race/class?
Very tough call. I loved Thrall's story enough that I picked up the book he stars in, so I have alot of respect for the orcs. At first I was skeptical about the Tauren, but their starting zone swayed me. They're probably my favorite race. Really, I like anything except the blood elves, humans, and dwarves. I like dwarves, but I just can't play one myself.
My favorite class.... Also tough. I have no real preference, I like to try it all.

6. What is your favorite kind of character to play?
I like ordinary characters, people who weren't born to some sort of legendary role, people without destiny that seek to find their own way through life. I find myself playing alot of homeless, penniless people and clergy. Although I do like the idea of a wandering mystic shaman... I really want an orc shaman.

7. What is your favorite kind of RP?
One done between two people who like eachother, but have characters that hate eachother. :P

8. Do you have any hobbies (outside of Warcraft)/talents/stupid human tricks?
I sing, I dance, play D&D, I draw alot, play the flute, practice Tae Kwon Do, and play vidja games.

9. What country are you from? (Or, if you're uncomfortable with that question, what is your first language? We don't need to know exactly where you live, just what general time zone you're in and if you need some wiggle room on your spelling and grammar.)
Seattle,WA. America. Pacific Timezone (GMT-8.00). I don't ask for any handicaps.

10. Remember question #1? Do you agree to abide by the rules and policies?
I agree, and hope that I'll have a fun time here.
[Image: giraffe3.png]