Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Guild question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I noticed there's no Cenarion Circle or anything of the like. And there totally should. But would me creating such a guild (I, of course, wouldn't pretend to be the actual leader by any means) be completely out of the question?

And if it is indeed an impossibility at this point in time, could I instead create some sort of sub-group that was basically just people who were apart of the circle (like, for example the Cenarion Druids or something)
That'd probarly depend on if you want to give yourself any power within the actual Cenarion Circle, since that wouln't work out.
If you really want to do this then I'd advise you to make something that is alike the Cenarion Circle, but not actually the Cenarion Circle.

It might be the best just to create your own unique guild of Druids and the like.
Maybe some kind of guild that isn't directly associated, but works to achieve the same aims as the Cenarion Circle? You could RP your orders coming from the Cenarion Circle, and perhaps have a guild rank specific to one character who could be a Cenarion Emissary, who could host meetings and such.
Being part of the Cenarion Circle, in my opinion, would be a lot like being a Cartel member. The Cenarion Circle works with ALL druids, meaning Night Elves, and Tauren.

That would be perfectly fine to roleplay a member of this faction, however, you could not use it to gain notoriety, nor could you roleplay any sort of authority figure (some sort of cenarion guard or something.)
Does it have to be druids that join? Couldn't rangers jump in on that group?
Quote:Cenarion Circle

From WoWWikiJump to: navigation, search
Cenarion Circle

Main leader Alliance Archdruid Fandral Staghelm
Secondary leaders Keeper Remulos, Horde Archdruid Hamuul Runetotem, Commander Mar'alith, Rabine Saturna, Ysiel Windsinger
Membership 371
Race(s) Night Elf
Tauren
Keepers of the Grove
Dryads
Character classes Druid, Subversive, Vindicator, Scout, Emissary
Capital Moonglade, Nighthaven
Theater of operations Darnassus, Felwood, Moonglade, Silithus, Thunder Bluff.
Alignment Chaotic goodDF 129
The Cenarion Circle is an organization of druids, both tauren and night elf, named after Cenarius. Its members are dedicated to protecting nature and restoring the damage done to it by malevolent forces.DF 129

The Circle has many posts, but their main home is the town of Nighthaven in the Moonglade. Druids learn to teleport to Nighthaven at level 10, but anyone else will have to wait until they can make it to Felwood and find a way through the Timbermaw Furbolg tunnels. The only other alternative to this is to wait for the Lunar Festival, which coincides with Chinese New Year, and complete a simple quest from any pre-BC capital to receive the Lunar Festival Invitation. This is a special occasion that should not be missed!

The Circle's other major presence is in Silithus, where they combat the Silithid, the Qiraji, and Twilight's Hammer. Valor's Rest and Cenarion Hold serve as their bases in the hostile land, and offer many opportunities to adventurers seeking to aid the druids.

Taken straight from WoWwiki. Notice the first sentance. The subclasses, (Scout, Emissary, ect.) are still all druids.
But would it ever be possible to join and be of a different race and class?
Probably not, but you'd be able to aid them. They do work with other organizations.

In the past, we tried to put interest into the Cenarion Circle, by creating a large threat to the organizaion...

The Silithid were multiplying fast, and were becoming stronger, with each generation.

HOWEVER, people didn't care. But honestly, I'd love to see people play in a lore faithful group and actually work together with other organizations like they should.
FlametongueX Wrote:You could RP your orders coming from the Cenarion Circle, and perhaps have a guild rank specific to one character who could be a Cenarion Emissary, who could host meetings and such.

This is, more or less, exactly what I have in mind - except I would be apart of the actual group.

So, Rensin, it would be okay to make a Cenarion Circle guild? Providing, of course I, in no conceivable way, use such a thing irresponsibly. I really have no desire to be LOL HEAD OF THE DROODS, but I would really love to be officialy part of the faction.

Also:
Quote: Most of this faction's members are either night elves or tauren. The Cenarion Circle, however, accepts men and women of any race; druids are members by definition, but other characters must prove themselves to the Cenarion Circle before to become accepted
(Wowwiki)

I can see someone roleplaying a long, drawn out goal to prove themselves worthy of such a cause, even if they weren't a druid.
I'd say yes to the guild. Go ahead, and post about it, and if there is any critique to be made on it, it could be said in that topic.

As for the members of the Cenarion circle... there would probably be at least two races I -know- would most likely be shunned. Dwarves, and Gnomes. The Dwarves and Gnomes are destroyers of pretty much anything that have to do with nature, and, well, seeing as how Druids are naturey types, that does not hit off well with them.

But, if say, another character may wish to be part of the Cenarion Circle, it'd have to be something that'd be extensivly roleplayed, in the forums and in game. A character could not be rolled, and simply be a part of the Cenarion Circle, however, unless they are a Druid.
Thank you for the chance. Good point about the dwarves/gnomes, too.
Well Wildhammer dwarves would probably have a chance at getting in, and I think you can add undead to the shunned races list, hehe.
Yes, undead. And even the wildhammers... that'd be really stretching it. Tauren would throw a fit over it. Tauren absolutely hate Dwarves.
Hm, I think I read that the Wildhammers and Tauren got along pretty well somewhere though, sharing druid/shaman stuff and all that, but I am not very good at Wildhammer or Tauren lore so dunno for sure.
Wildhammers and Tauren has had no contact at all, but they both worship the earthmother, and have very similar cultures. The Tauren has had some conflicts with the Ironforge Dwarves though, and that might influence their views of dwarves in general.

Then again, the Tauren and Ironforge Dwarves seems to have made some sort of peace - The Tauren are now aware of the reason the dwarves dig up Mulgore, and respect it. The Lore hints that Tauren Shamans are now overseeing the excavations, but it's had no effect ingame yet. If the Night Elfs vouched for them, and the Wildhammers got a chance to show off their deep connection with the Earth and all that, perhaps the Tauren would be willing to give it a go? They are, after all, a rather friendly and diplomatic bunch of cattle.
Pages: 1 2