Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Blood Elves and the Light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forgive me if this information is available elsewhere, but I've looked for a good 15 minutes or so and couldn't find anything.

What is the stance on Blood Elf paladins and their relationship with the Light, in terms of the server lore. I (think I) know prior to the reset, they were still suckin' their power from the Naaru malevolently. Is this still the case, or are we going to follow Live lore and make 'em "good guys" again?

Personally, I think it'd be cool if they were taking from the Light the "good" way; with the influx of Death Knights, we could use more good Paladins. That's just my opinion.
While I still dunno why people think there is a massive flow of DKs, I'm personally of the opinion that Belfs would be extremely content to suck power from anything they possibly could. But I suppose if the server lore has gone back to mirror retail then yes, they are using the real light now.
Yeah, for those who are wondering what happened in the server lore was basically it was revealed that M'uru sacrificed himself. He let himself get captured by Kael'thas and let the Blood Knights suck power from them to bring them back to the Light, if only in the most basic sense. Prior to this revelation, though, Kael'thas went all demon-y and tried to summon Kil'jaeden, which made Lady Liadrin (head Blood Knight) realize that he was psycho and she apologized to A'dal and pledged the Blood Knights' service to him and the Shattered Sun Offensive.

EDIT: http://www.wowpedia.org/M'uru Check it
Blood knight's didn't need to be evil.
Roobald2 Wrote:Blood knight's didn't need to be evil.

However they can be, unlike other Paladins.
Hmm, so what does that mean for their possible alignment in server character profiles? It was said in the Alignment section of the Wiki that it would be impossible for a Blood Elf Paladin to be Lawful Good (like 'normal' paladins) due to their M'uru-sucking actions. Does this mean a Noble Belf Pally is a viable option now?
Blood Elves are caught in an interesting situation with Paladins and the Light. While using the Light now can be done through the normal mode of Paladins, most Blood Knights (Blood Elves in general too) are towards the neutral or evil aspects because they're hugely arrogant. Of course, there are exceptions. I'm sure some Blood Knights now are good intentioned with their use of the Light, but they probably aren't any more tolerant of other races, or nicer towards anyone or anything else than their average Elven counterparts.

TL;DR: They can be good-intentioned/virtuous to an extent, but they aren't nice people. Elves aren't nice people.