Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hello from Bex Dyran
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. First things first! Did you read the rules, policies, and FAQs?

Yes I have. They are well thought out and quite clear. I personally enjoy the rules regarding having a profile on the forums, as well as that profile being approved before you can progress to level 40.

2. How did you hear about us?

A very dear friend named Zaam suggested I come try this server. We have both been on the search for a strong role-playing community in world of warcraft, outside of retail servers and according to Zaam, this place is the only place with true serious role play.

3. How did you get into RP?

I have been role-playing for 13 years, starting with good old pen and paper Dungeons and Dragons. After that it was Vampires of the Masquerade LARP, where I played a changeling for several years. While in college I participated in several SCA events, especially as a fortune teller and using live steel blades. Currently I still travel around with the SCA as a fortuneteller enjoying fairs and jousts.

Aside from real life Role-play, I host a Neverwinter Role playing server called Estium, with a regular player base of 20 people. I am one of the main DMs and Lore Master of this server along with my husband, SuumMalumUmbra.

4. How did you get into Warcraft?

I started playing WOW a year after the game came out, and enjoyed seeing Warcraft come alive. After playing through Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3 several times, it was a rewarding treat to experience the world on my own two feet instead of commanding huge fighting forces.

5. What is your favorite race/class?

Before burning crusade, I was a huge fan of the Night Elves. The lore in general was delightful, and still is. They are perhaps my favorite Alliance race. After Burning Crusade and the arrival of Outland, Blood Elves became my favorite. Their thirst for arcane energy made them an excellent race for corrupt role-play, their thirst driving them to all lengths of the world to quench it.

6. What is your favorite kind of character to play?
Some days I feel like a paladin and some days I feel like a hunter. Hunters thus far are my favorite class in general, they are versatile, exciting, and it's always fun to role play my pet doing silly things as well as serious things.

On a pervious role-play server I had a small guild of Blood Elf hunters called Arrows of the Sun who functioned as messengers for the general people.

7. What is your favorite kind of RP?

Humorous role-play is fun, but I prefer serious role-play. As I remind all the players on my Neverwinter Nights server, keep your role-play simple. There are enough Epic and Story worthy NPC (Non-player Characters) that we do not need one more drama laced epic PC marching around bragging about his vast adventures.

I also remind everyone I role-play with that I am an adult, and will not censor my character. Granted I am not going to call people names or curse OOC (Out of Character), but there may be the off moment when my character may call someone a toad licker or a Tree wart.

Along with being an adult, I DO NOT force my character upon anyone who ever feels uncomfortable with the characters actions. I am very sensitive to a person's real age, their real feelings, and in general their character before taking an action that could cause unneeded drama and trauma.

8. Do you have any hobbies (outside of Warcraft)/talents/stupid human tricks?

As I said before, I'm a fortuneteller and travel around with the SCA. World of Warcraft is my “vacation” home. I also ride horses, shoot guns, swing swords and live on a farm in the mountains.

I'm a fairly skilled musician and am amateur graphic artist. Some of my graphics may find their way to this forum, depicting my characters adventures, and maybe not. One never knows.

9. What country are you from? (Or, if you're uncomfortable with that question, what is your first language? We don't need to know exactly where you live, just what general time zone you're in and if you need some wiggle room on your spelling and grammar.)

I live in the United States of America, Pacific Standard Time. English is my first and perhaps only language, unless you count the small bits of Japanese, Spanish, French, Latin, and German I do speak.

10. Remember question #1? Do you agree to abide by the rules and policies?

Yes, I agree to follow the rules as they are stated on this forum.
Welcome to the server!

Happiness is mandatory, citizen