Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: I will say something witty...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
But not right now. I've gotta answer these questions first.
1. First things first! Did you read the rules, policies, and FAQs?
Yes, and some other threads that seemed pertinent.
2. How did you hear about us?
I came from a recently disbanded (I'm not sure why) private World of Warcraft RP server. To see if I could get back into WoW RPing, I went to Google to help me find a dedicated RP community in WoW. I browsed this site a little bit and decided to give an intro a shot.
3. How did you get into RP?
As a child I liked to play make-believe, dress-up, almost any game involving pretend stuff, really. I was interested in drama, but a tad too shy to really be any good on stage. As for online RPing, a long time ago, a close family friend of mine first introduced me to Starcraft. That game first exposed me to RP. From there that same friend got me into Warcraft 3, and after that I joined a few online text-based RP sites.
4. How did you get into Warcraft?
My aforementioned friend got me to play Warcraft 3. I wasn't too great at the normal game, but every once in a while there were these maps with RP in their name that would be hosted. I played the game for those, mostly. Three or four years ago, some friends of mine started talking about World of Warcraft. I decided to give it a try. I went to a normal server with those friends originally, but there was a large level gap. I began to play on my RP server alt more frequently. There weren't many good RPers, but I was content to just play the game. I quit World of Warcraft a few months after the release of the Burning Crusade expansion, after my guild broke up. Only recently did a friend of mine invite me to a private RP server, which was the one mentioned in question two above.
5. What is your favorite race/class?
I like the Night Elves, Draenei and Tauren because they are unique to the Warcraft universe. I always like to play the exotic races. Roleplaying is about becoming someone else, so I love to be as far removed from real life as possible. This also explains why I dislike playing humans. Not to mention that most of the other races in Warcraft are just ugly (no offense, Undead people!). As for classes, I really like rogues, but I'm gonna try something else this time.
6. What is your favorite kind of character to play?
It's hard to say. Mostly I just like characters with an emotional struggle. The tragic love story or the loyalty before death kinda thing. I'm into psychology, so really I play a wide range of characters.
7. What is your favorite kind of RP?
I like exploring a character's motivations in depth rather than trying to create something "epic." Sure, it's nice to throw in some good vs. evil, stop the evil lord kinda stuff, but it's the feelings and psychology of the characters which really hooks me.
8. Do you have any hobbies (outside of Warcraft)/talents/stupid human tricks?
I like to write, sing, draw, and read. This is a little bit of a stretch for talents, but I have an uncommonly good memory by association. I can put a dot on a piece of paper while thinking about something, then remember that something whenever I see the dot (or often just by thinking about the dot, although I don't know why I would think about the dot unless I were trying to remember something else...) Anyway, I'm into psychology as well.
9. What country are you from? (Or, if you're uncomfortable with that question, what is your first language? We don't need to know exactly where you live, just what general time zone you're in and if you need some wiggle room on your spelling and grammar.)
I'm from the United States. First language was English.
10. Remember question #1? Do you agree to abide by the rules and policies?
Yes, that was a hard one. And yes, I agree.
[Image: giraffe3.png]