Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Abawbwa, Can You Pronounce It?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, well, well. Normally, I would of given a little blurb here so as to say a hello to all you at CotH, yet it would seem everything I could type here would only be repeated in my answering of the bellow questions. So, in that light, I end this nonsense and direct the reader (whoever you might be) to look downwards and peruse my responses. I do hope you like them.

1. First things first! Did you read the rules, policies, and FAQs?
Aye, indeed I do.

2. How did you hear about us?
It is a real pity, that I can not offer up any more of an interesting answer to this particular question, then the seemingly over used response of Google.
Live servers, as you all must already know, have become so terrible in RP quality that it has driven many much like myself away. So, in hopes of finding a place in which I might interact with the RP competent I leaned on my trusted resource of Google. Luckily, the search engine did not disappoint and presented me with a link to Kretol's wonderful sight. A few clicks, some reading, more clicks and more reading, and here I am.

3. How did you get into RP?
I suppose I was corrupted by books. You see, reading stories is a grand thing, and so is writing them. But in the case of reading them you are merely along for the ride, which in and of itself is nice, however to those who feel more adventurous it can be described as lacking in excitement at times. Writing stories, is also a great thing, and a great hobby of mine, but when writing the author plays the part of god and everything he puts down is sure and undisputable, so there is little unexpected challenge to met.
But I digress.

I felt lacking in my other literary pursuits, reading and writing not possesing the social obstacles that can only be found in the interactions of companions, and so for the longest time I trudged along wondering for a new hobby that might satisfy my want to live the story. Role-play, then reared its head in the form of WoW one Christmas eve. My Brother, a chap of similar tastes as mine gave it to me.

Well, what seemed an at first useless and money draining gift soon turned out to in fact be precisely what I was looking for, a mode of writing that combined story, plot and character with unpredictability and community.

4. How did you get into Warcraft?
As afore stated I was given Warcraft as a Christmas gift from my brother. Warcraft role-play is also the type of role-play I have been active in the longest, as it is of course what began the hobby.

It has been three years now, I believe, since I first acquired this game.

5. What is your favorite race/class?
I am a fan of any of the Horde side races, as they all come with some sort of baggage to fuel interesting characters. If I had to pick one race though, I could not, for each hordie holds a special place in my heart. On the other end of the spectrum, the Alliance race I favor the most are the Night Elves. Mysterious, strangely behaved and ancient they present a unique contrast to the more human-like Gnomes, Dwarves, and Men in the Alliance.

6. What is your favorite kind of character to play?
I think most are familiar with the young heroes who come out of the blue to save the world and vanquish the dark forces. These valiant young lads stride in with purity of heart, unwavering bravery and impeccable valor. Protagonists and blow hearts, the lot of them.
I prefer the role of the grumpy old geezer behind that guy. These are the mentors, whom guide the heroes through the early stages and aid them as they step towards their destiny. It is traditional for these mentors to die or leave their students, least they hog the spotlight, and I am fully aware of it.
Though I do love the mentor role, I think I might hold off on playing it, so as to first warm to the community.

7. What is your favorite kind of RP?
The good kind....

Hahah. Kidding.

I enjoy battle Role-play, the real actiony stuff, this is after all world of WARcraft. :P but I won't gripe and complain if all I can find is tea party RP, after all tea parties can be big plot movements if you aren't careful. Heh.

8. Do you have any hobbies (outside of Warcraft)/talents/stupid human tricks?
Oh, I can roll my tongue together to make it like a straw!
But other than that I enjoy a wide range of ‘stupid human tricks' and hobbies, including my involvement with a Venture Crew, competitive swimming, and Airsoft.

I also do a good bit of writing, and have compiled a rather large amount of short stories on my computer, perhaps I'll post one some time.

9. What country are you from? (Or, if you're uncomfortable with that question, what is your first language? We don't need to know exactly where you live, just what general time zone you're in and if you need some wiggle room on your spelling and grammar.)

America, the East Coast.

10. Remember question #1? Do you agree to abide by the rules and policies?
Repetitive, I like it.
Yes, yes.
[Image: giraffe3.png]