Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Greetings, CotH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. First things first! Did you read the rules, policies, and FAQs?
Yepyep! They're pretty straightforward, even though there's quite a fair amount of them.

2. How did you hear about us?
A friend of mine came across your server a few months back. Spending the weekend around him and other WoW players has sort of nudged me into curiosity and interest, he speaks very fondly of the server!

3. How did you get into RP?
I've been roleplaying for the last 10 years or so. I came across a small java-chat room in my tween years that was dedicated to roleplay, and was a regular there for the next 5 or 6 years. I watched it develop, die, develop again, span across multiple chats that functioned like warring tribal communities. While it was a decent community, I quite enjoyed it and the interest in RP has stuck with me.

4. How did you get into Warcraft?
I grew up with the WarCraft series, starting from the very first game. I admit that I have a bit more fondness for the storytelling pre-WarCraft III. Not to say that the lore was any better, but WarCraft III became somewhat of a soap opera and didn't quite have the same feeling of an all-out war, instead, a drama between a few characters with some soldiers in the background. I've always appreciate the whole of a contribution to a story, rather than a single contribution by few. This isn't to say that I wasn't ecstatic when WarCraft III and WoW were released and updated myself on all of the lore immediately, of course

5. What is your favorite race/class?
While I prefer the older impressions that you could get from the orcs to anything in World of WarCraft, and find their current status to be about as intimidating as murlocs, WoW did introduce me to a combination of class/race that interests me immensely - the Blood Elf Paladin. I've always liked Paladins in Blizzard games (Diablo II, anyone?) but the parallel that they had to create to the Light for Blood Elf Paladins to work is fascinating. A warrior of truth and justice with a sinister greed for being the one, TRUE just. On top of that, they've created such a lush history for the elves over the past decade. It's difficult to be more passively greedy than, "TRUE Masters Of The Light".

6. What is your favorite kind of character to play?
A fanatical hypocrite. A person hell-bent to a cause stands out but nothing can compare to a fanatic who believes all around him to be infidels. The sheer amount of ridicule that these kinds of characters can withstand only pushes them further into their own beliefs, causing them to become very bitter and often secretive characters. With a plan wrapped within an enigma simply to prove their point to the rest of the world. Just as well, the possibilities of situations you can develop out of their failed plans (especially ones that publicly flop) is near limitless, due to how unpredictable they can be when proven wrong.

7. What is your favorite kind of RP?
This is a bit of a tough question, actually. In my case, I rarely depend on a roleplaying situation to keep interested, but instead play on the other players' own roleplaying skill to keep myself interested. I love writing stories and improvising, but having a completely different view on things really takes the cake - especially if you end up writing together. So my favourite kind of RP, is RP with other people, plain and simple!

8. Do you have any hobbies (outside of Warcraft)/talents/stupid human tricks?
I run my own internet cafe and rarely have time to do much away from the front desk, which is conveniently where my computer is. Hence, lots of e-time.

9. What country are you from? (Or, if you're uncomfortable with that question, what is your first language? We don't need to know exactly where you live, just what general time zone you're in and if you need some wiggle room on your spelling and grammar.)
I live in Toronto, Canada and am in the EST zone (GMT -5).

10. Remember question #1? Do you agree to abide by the rules and policies?
Of course I do! I wouldn't have come this far and written this much, otherwise, would I have?
[Image: giraffe3.png]
Nice approval pic, haha, can't beat Giraffesnake!
Thanks, see everyone in-game.