Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Wiki Accounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure where to post this so please don't jump me.

1. Are we free to make wiki accounts and create/edit articles?
2. Can we edit our own character profile on the wiki by adding pictures?

Thanks for looking over this. :)
Once your character has been put on the wiki you can edit it with pictures, better organization, etc. or something like your user page, whatever.

Say you want to add on to your characters history to include some recent rp events, you can do that, but not change the core info that was already approved.
Ok, I understand. Thanks for answering.
Also by creating articles I meant something like, for example a book that the character wrote, like a journal or something. If that can be done and how? Instead of just writing a long post on the forums.
Well, there aren't any IC areas of the wiki, so we'd like you to do that sort of thing in the forum. You can link to the forum pages if you want, but not create new wiki pages for it.

It would just get incredibly redundant and uneeded.
Heh! Good idea, maybe we can create a [[Player Made]] category or something.

If we do you just go to the hompage and write the name of your new page in the url, like this:

//wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/New Page

Edit; Though as Mik said, the IC forum already holds this function, amongst other.
The wiki is pretty much intended for profiles, rules, current server storylines, and of course, more than a few helpful guides.

I'd say, in order to keep it clean, and less confusing that what it could be, you should do what Mikain says and use the IC forum for books and such. It may seem like a good idea to put it in the wiki so everyone can see it easier, but if you keep up with it in an in character post people will still see it anyhow.

And if you make any -major- changes, you have to PM a GM before you do. Major changes have to do with backgrounds, physical appearance (other than hair style), and classes or race. Race should never change, and a class change has certain restrictions, and you can feel free to expand on your background, but we prefer that you do not change it since we've already approved it.

And yes, we can tell when people do.
Yeah, did not think of that. Could get pretty messy like that.
I'll use the forums and will put the link in the wiki if needed.
Thanks for clearing that. :)