Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Roshan's Guide to RP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am considering placing a link to this in the wiki under the Character Creation Warning Signs. Not only is it wonderfully educational, it's also well-written and very funny.

WARNING: The posts that I am linking to are very sarcastic. I'm not posting it to anger anyone, I really think it's a good thing to read and think about. I know I learned a bit from it. The series concludes with post number 4.

Roshan's Guide to RP.
Heh, that was a great read.
You should have any quotation marks in the url code thingie, only when you quote someone Qaza, hehe.

And I recommend everyone to read it, it really is funny and... educational in some way, I am sure.
Oh, whoops! Thank you, Nostra! I'm getting rusty.
...Man that made me giggle...And points out the exact reasons I don't RP on retail. :D
Not a single mention of vampires or werewolves in this, or did I read it wrong?
Roobald2 Wrote:Not a single mention of vampires or werewolves in this, or did I read it wrong?

He mentioned vampires under the part about fangs I think. But alas, no werewolves.
This is a great guide, really make you think. The scar thing made me laugh, I was actually just wondering yesterday why it seems that half the people I meet have a scar across there eye.
Well quite many seems to aim for the head first when they strike for some reason.. would explain the amount of sacars on their faces.. personal i am for knee cap crushing with maces!
Quote:This is probably obvious, but if your character is a rogue, he or she must be a professional assassin-for-hire. Similarly, druids must be professional anime cats.

Important:
Hunters must have twin siblings that not only look exactly the same and have similar names, but use the same equipment as well, just like twins in real life always wear the same clothes.

All warlock characters must be kind, innocent and compassionate, and all paladin characters must be unconditionally (and theatrically) evil; because roleplay is the pastime of the literary elite, the concept of the ironic character is held in high regard.

Other classes you can play however you like, as long as everything you do seems like you took it directly out of Star Wars or Lord of the Rings.

Orlan was a grate kitty! Cept I RPed him a Raja from Alladin. Close enough, rite?

Anyhow, this is both hilarious and very true.
Ooooh boy, that was good. XD
Quote:Furimus grits his fangs, his hands dropping to his daggers. Daxaron tries to run away but he trips and falls down because he is clumsy and stupid. "Oh no, please don't kill me!" he cries, but Furimus doesn't have to listen to anyone, being the strongest warrior in the universe. With demonic fury, he chops off Daxaron's head and cuts his body into little pieces, which all get eaten by birds, and then the birds get shot by dwarven hunters, and the head looks as stupid in death as it did in life, and all the townspeople cheer for Furimus because they never liked Daxaron anyway.
Daxaron actually dodges every hit because with the intensive training he went through under the tutelage of his now-deceased father he is faster than anyone else, and when Furimus sees that he can't hit him, he gives up and runs away and decides to become a hairdresser in Stormwind. Daxaron is elected mayor of Goldshire but then he goes crazy and kills all the guards and Marshal Dughan.

Best emote battle evah!
Oh man, i'm totally stoked that my volptuous overweight troll with eyes that stare through you, with scars on his neck that ne covers up with his tail that looks like a scarf that doubles as a dagger while he has his amulet of Fur to Metal on which the dragon queen gave to him after he saved her sone who was really him but she didnt know that because arthas cursed him to be evil, which in turn made him depressed because he could never go back to church, where his friends are, so he became a lich character is a good one!
Hah, that was great! The guy has an awesome sense of humor.

Quote:First off, at least one of your character's parents is dead. This is not optional. The driving force of roleplay is the desire to avenge slain progenitors. Whatever killed his or her parents also gave him or her the aforementioned scar (think Harry Potter). You may want to choose another roleplayer and make their character the murderer of your character's parents without their approval. This leads to fun and engaging roleplay later. In general, your character's past should always be something best kept a secret, but do not let this stop you from telling the story to everyone you meet (or if no one's around, in /yell).
We really, really ought to try this some day. I wonder how you can be a half vampire, half werewolf, half dragon at the same time..