Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Me, SilverStrike16.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. First things first! Did you read the rules, policies, and FAQs?

I did indeed! And I double checked my knowledge on the Wikipedia as well as the sections in the forum, exploring this and that and that bit over there. Quite a lot to get through, but worth it. I mean, it'd be pretty darn silly to attempt to join something such as an elitist server of roleplayers whilst blundering about aimlessly at the regulations.

2. How did you hear about us?

A friend of mine, who is also currently attempting to join CotH, let me know about it. We're good friends due to knowing each other for... something over a year, on another game called Neverwinter Nights. The first one, not the second. Eight years old.. ish.. but still has a pretty good niche of roleplayers around. Not entirely sure how he found it, but he let me know and I got curious hehe. I'd name him if I knew his alias.

3. How did you get into RP?

Good question. Ehm. Hm. ~Ponders~ .. ~Pause~ I'm.. not entirely sure I remember. I've been roleplaying for a good... seven years, now? Mostly on Neverwinter Nights, but some D&D, some gaming of other styles.. but yes, I have been at it a while. It was mostly sparked and started when I joined a multiplayer server on Nwn, called Three Kingdoms. Good times. Long story short, I got hooked in the glee of playing a fantasy character and immersing myself in another world.

4. How did you get into Warcraft?

Heh. Well. Long story short, I succumbed to the gamecraze that is WoW. I had been purposefully avoiding it for some time, knowing that it would probably suck me in... and also I had little faith in the quality of a retail game's RP. Well, Neverwinter is retail, but different. Older, and more... varied. And a more RP aimed audience anyway. WoW is mainly for grinders, so I knew that the quality wouldn't be terribly... thrilling. Hence my avoidance. But finally I downloaded the trial, mostly because a friend nagged me to do it and the trial was mysteriously quick in installing, that i couldnt resist any longer. I got bored on retail when i reached early 40's on my first character. It was just repetitive grinding. Sure there was raiding and... stuff... but, I prefer something more... satisfying.

5. What is your favorite race/class?

Tricky question that. My favourite races would have to range in Blood Elves, Humans... well. Those two are it really. The other races are alright, but those two have particular advantages. Humans, we're all human, we can get stuck in with some RP and go at it and so on, even if they are a bit... same-y. What with being one in real life. Blood Elves, now you're talking. They have the whole culture of falling from their high horse as the High Elves, the lust for arcane power, and how each of them deal with that, to the various alliances, but most of all to how they are trying to rebuild their civilisation, and how fragmented the society will be, along with the addition of the rest of the world going kablooey.

6. What is your favorite kind of character to play?

Favourite character... also tricky. I dont try to make favourites on such a matter, but there is a distinct pattern in those that I play. Mostly, being good. Even if not outright, my character would have a sense of wanting to not be entirely evil. Sure, have a brawl in the tavern and maybe loot the counter before running away, but she would attempt to avoid outright killing someone out of the boredom that made her start it. I like sometimes playing heavily armoured paladin's with a sense of good and justice without going to the point of... obnoxiousness. But I also like rogue types, those who keep to themselves, someone who will follow a group if it benefits her, or not being afraid to slip free a dagger to let someone know they're in her personal space, but again, not being someone who goes on murdering sprees. I also like to add some unique texture to my character. Or at least I like to think they're somewhat different and away from the stereotype. Like.. a rogue who would slit someones throat if they push her enough.. but also has a huge soft spot for small furry animals. Kinda hard to explain. Maybe you'll just have to RP with me to understand, wink wink nudge nudge ~Grin~

7. What is your favorite kind of RP?

Favourite kind? The kind where I'm not tearing my hair out at someones stupidity. Or selfishness. Or something. Y'know. Well, maybe you dont, I'll expand. I dont like when I meet someone and they spill out their life story when they dont know my character, simply so they can get someone to react to what they've built and feed their ego. I dont like people who overdo drama. I dont like thought-moters. (People who emote ~Thinks she likes cookies~ For example. I aint a telepath, so how does that help the RP? It doesnt) I approve when I see someone who emotes ~Having spotted the plate of cookies off to the side, her gaze cant help but wander to inspect them closer, one hand fidgeting a little as she narrows her eyes, looking almost about to pounce~ Okay, so you get the idea. Hehe. Sorry for babbling a bit. Stuff I do like? Detail. Realism. Scenes where everyone goes "Wow. That was awesome." And then walk away grinning to themselves, even if they just got their rear kicked, but they grin at the quality of the fight (For example. Fight scenes in particular, I have swordfighting re-inactment as a hobby, so I try my best to do it right. Drives me up the wall when people try to do something like block a dagger thrust with a two handed mace that just struck the ground after missing you.)

8. Do you have any hobbies (outside of Warcraft)/talents/stupid human tricks?

Warhammer 40k, I collect the Space Marines (Black Templar, for those that know), Tau and the Necrons. I can swordfight, as earlier mentioned, I have a hander and a half a meter from where I sit ~Grin~ I drink tea, I'm good at hand coordination, I can type with my eyes closed, I run a D&D group at my school. Oh, adding on to the sword stuff, its not LARPing, with foam stuff, its actual full on energy-using steel blades. I'm kinda geeky, but sociable. ~Smile~

9. What country are you from? (Or, if you're uncomfortable with that question, what is your first language? We don't need to know exactly where you live, just what general time zone you're in and if you need some wiggle room on your spelling and grammar.)

Britain. England. Midlands. And good gods we have had a ton of snow lately. Most I've had in my life. 'Tis a big deal. British and proud of it. Even my humour is of that ilk. GMT is my timezone. And my first (And only) Language is English, however I am rather articulate and quite capable of self-expression.

10. Remember question #1? Do you agree to abide by the rules and policies?

Absolutely. Thats what they're there for. Theres a line. ~Points~ And I shan't cross it.

As a last note, I'd like to apologise for going on quite a bit... other peoples introductions aren't as long as mine, but I like to be thorough. Not that I'm saying other aren't! I'm just... ah... Y'know. ~Stops.~ But yes, Hope things work out here

SilverStrike16
Being thorough is a benefit!

Black Templars and the Iron Hands are the only cool Space Marines, I approve! (Though Tau are the cooler race). Not that I collect them myself, prefer the fantasy version, where I am all out Chaos!

Though after enjoying the Dawn of War Games and their expansions plus reading the surprisingly good Horus´ Heresy series I am enthralled. Maybe I´ll pick up the brush and buy some new miniatures. Again.

Welcome to the server!
Thanks! =D And yeah, the Tau are pretty good, they're my first race. Battlesuits for the win. You getting Dawn of War 2? Comes out in eight days! ~Grin~ And thanks for approval =D 95% done installing WoW. Just need ta connect... and stuff.
I sure are, hehehe, already enjoying the multiplayer Beta.

Check the wiki for a guide to how to connect with the server. Have fun!