Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Slavery in Azeroth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I didn't even know there was slavery here, aside from what happens with demons and the Scourge. So who does, where is it accepted and how does the business work in those places?
If you can be pressganged/enslaved/whatnot in a city if you happen to be caught alone I think it should be a bit of a big deal. Not to mention politics that might get in the way. How do Orcs react to slavery having just gained their own freedom? I'm a little curious (and inspired). Help a newb out?
Personally I would -think- it to be ok for the horde to take alliance and sell them as slaves, or vice-versa. But a human selling a human shouldn't be allowed. Not in main cities. I think the bruisers of BB wouldn't mind if you did it in secrecy, Since it is 'buisness'. But this is all of my personal interpretations of the situation, not the acuall hard evidence.
Orcs have always kept slaves in the past, and only recently outlawed it as a common practice. Some Orcs still practice slavery in secret, though it's ostensibly against the law now for all Horde races.

Goblins sell everything, why not people? They're just in it to make the bottom line, and as long as it does they'll do it.

Orcish Slavery
Goblin Slavery
How recently did the Orcs outlaw it? I am thinking of that comic with Varian Wrynn being a gladiator and slave for some Orc, weren´t they in Horde territory? I haven´t read it myself so perhaps someone who has can shed some light on the subject?
The orcs never outlawed slavery from what I read. They don't openly condone it, but they don't lift a finger to stop the practice of it. It's apparently so hard coded in their culture. I can understand this, especially if they caught and broke the slave of their own. This is a hard thing to do and probably shows a display of strong mind and body.
Your quote in your signature makes me sad.
Hehe, I think it´s a running joke in game, they bring it up all the time.