Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Little help here?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying for two weeks now to come to a firm understanding of how the character profile/approval/submission/forum level/posting thing actually works, and it still eludes me. This insinuates, obviously, that I have 'checked the wiki' and ten million stickies to try and figure it out. I still cannot divine the answer to one important question: Do I have to be a Grunt (gotten 'vouched' for three times and reviewed and approved) to even bother posting a profile for further approval?

It will seem like a silly question to everyone who knows the answer already. I simply ask you share the answer with me, before redirecting me to dive headlong into more forum than I could ever hope to read and retain knowledge of. I -could- have just found out by trial and error, but so many times have I seen the 'not knowing is not an excuse for a mistake (?)' argument that I'm honestly more willing to just directly admit lack of knowledge, and take direct consequence while running a -chance- of getting an answer... than just going for it, posting a profile, being wrong about it and getting 9000 "Chack Da FACKS" comments while still not knowing what I -should- have done instead.
This is my understanding, and I haven't run into any trouble so far...

Go ahead and post the profile if you think the character is one you're going to stick with. You can play the character all you want, but if/when the profile is approved, that's your green light to level past 50.

Vouches allow you to have your character(s?) 'auto'-leveled, and I think you might get a couple neat little goodies, too.

Anyone, feel free to correct me if I'm off.
Alright, here's how it goes XD :

-You make your character, and post their profile. (Whenever you want)
-Until said profile gets approved, you can only level your character to level 50.
-If you are a grunt, and your profile gets approved, a GM can level your character to 80.

You can still get an approved profile without being a Grunt. Just it won't be allowed to be leveled.

Hope this helps.
They've got it down. Here's the full process:

- Find CotH. Apparently this is usually done through Google.
- Read the Rules and Policies.
- Make a forum account.
- Read the Rules, Policies, and FAQs. (At the very least. I'd suggest browsing the rest of the wiki, too.)
- Read the stickies in the Introductions forum.
- Write up an Introduction. You may want to do it in Notepad or Word or something, so you have the chance to fill it out and get it really looking complete.
- Post your introduction.
- Wait patiently. Check out the rest of the wiki or browse the forums.
- If you pass the introduction stage, you'll get a reply from a GM in the thread, usually with a goofy image.
- Congratulations! You're a Peon! You can now make a Game Account (look for the link in the upper right-hand corner of the screen), sign on to the server, and post in some extra forums. Those "extra forums" include the Profiles forum and the Workshop forum (it's useful and it doesn't get enough love!).
- While you are waiting for your profile to be approved, RP! Proving that you have the skills to not only RP but be a decent human being on the internet (I know, it's hard) will earn you vouches!
- Three vouches earn you the Grunt rank! Now your character (which has by now hopefully been approved, especially if you're good about taking people's advice on changes you should make) is ready to be leveled above 50. Yay!

The rest is details.

tl;dr: Too bad, read it.
Okay. Thankies both of you, I understand now ^.^