Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Edwin Vancleef/Defias Brotherhood Lore?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm just wondering, in current time, is it to be assumed that Vancleef is dead or alive?

I quote from wowpedia.org ...

Quote:"From aboard the ship located deep within the Deadmines, VanCleef awaited the moment at which he would strike at his hated foe. Believing his cause to be one of absolute righteousness, he prepared his mighty vessel to depart from its hidden port. Before this could take place, however, intrepid agents of the Alliance, having previously learned of the headquarters of the Defias Brotherhood, entered the Deadmines and assaulted VanCleef's ship. In a fearsome battle atop the juggernaut, the Alliance operatives slew VanCleef, ending a great threat to the security of Stormwind."

Which would suggest that he was dead. Thing is, its a quest to kill him, but he respawns so as with other instance bosses, is it okay to assume he is alive? I am thinking of including his existence somewhere in my character profile.

Also I had been thinking, wouldn't it be cool to organize an in-character Deadmines Raid, where the final result would be killing VanCleef? It could make for some good RPing. Anyway I'll post that idea later in the other forum section...

Thanks. (:
It used to show the population of towns on the wiki, yet it doesn't... Oh well.

But anyway, Moonbrook/Deadmines have a population of around... 2000? So it's pretty hard for around 20 heroes to go in an assault the mine. The Alliance must have had to send in around 1500 people, or close to 2000.

So, unfortunately, it would be impossible. Although I will admit to thinking of this idea in the past.

But I didn't even know that VanCleef was dead! So thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: -Unless- they simply went around the back exit and assaulted the ship from there. LOL

It -could- be possible if we just went around the back, where his ship is basically infront of you.

But a GM will have to have the say in this.
Hawk Wrote:But anyway, Moonbrook/Deadmines have a population of around... 2000? So it's pretty hard for around 20 heroes to go in an assault the mine. The Alliance must have had to send in around 1500 people, or close to 2000.

I never understood this. I could perceive a number of Defias in the Deadmines but....2000 people? I don't know where they come up with these numbers.

On topic: Server timelines are where WoTLK is and technically every instance was taken care of by some no-name hero(es).
I think there´s supposed to be about 7000 Defias members in the mines and about 2000 living in and about Moonbrook, I´ll have to check some stuff later to be sure though.
Nostra Wrote:I think there´s supposed to be about 7000 Defias members in the mines and about 2000 living in and about Moonbrook, I´ll have to check some stuff later to be sure though.

The thing about that, it's just -SO- hard to believe that Nostra! No doubt that there are probably more than you see, but those digits have got me stupefied! Imagine fitting -two THOUSAND- people in a ghost town!
Heh, who says it´s a ghost town?
WoWWiki Wrote:Moonbrook is a Defias Brotherhood controlled ghost town southwest of Sentinel Hill

WoWWiki does. XD
ye, but if you're a criminal syndicate, you're not going to have your members walk around the town like normal people. They're gonna be inside, hiding somewhere nearby, standing guard somewhere. I'd say the thousands of Defias is an estimate o how many are in Westfall, with Moonbrook just housing the most, not necessarily all at one time.
I've got time to add in my two cents too. Also, sometimes, the representation of a city or town isn't -exactly- how it should be in game, due to actual usibility and so forth. Simply put, if Blizz made it to the scale that the RP games have it too, they'd have this large area for no reason, since people only grind and level in that area for about a good six to seven levels.

If they actually went with the scales they were meant too, Ratchet would be freakin' amazing. Sadly, they didn't add the brothels and zeppelen bays in the game, so you have to actually think before you call places a 'Tiny ghost town' or a place a 'Tiny Port Town'. Most of these places should be as sprawling as Shattarath.
Population of the Alliance would be 800.000, so we could do it with eaze. :D
Quote:"Sadly, they didn't add the brothels and zeppelen bays in the game,"

Haha, I'd been reading about Ratchet yesterday, and that was exactly what I'd been thinking!