Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Purloinia introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(See below)
(( Hmmmm. I read the examples thread and saw I was way off base. I'll keep my story posted, mainly because I like it and I want to finish it, but here is something much more in keeping with the format suggested.

An Introduction from Captain Tari "Purloinia" Sunpearl's player

1. First things first! Did you read the rules, policies, and FAQs?

Yes. I read through the wiki and forum posts. The impression I got is that the primary focus of these rules is the creation of an environment much more conducive to role-play than what is found on the Blizzard RP servers and a lack of tolerance for some of the common problems that plague role-play communities, mainly immaturity and the creation of unnecessary drama.

2. How did you hear about us?

Through a google search. I have been frustrated with some of the limitations of RP on Blizzard's servers, as well as the lack of strict RP enforcement which spoils their servers, and I did a google search for "private WoW RP server." Your site is the fourth item in that search query and it intrigued me.

3. How did you get into RP?

My first experiences with RP were in my early years playing a text MUD called Realms of Kaos. Back then, we used dial-up and my constant tying up of the phone lines led to many memorable conflicts with my family. I learned a lot about RP in that environment. Back in those days, you didn't have all these pretty graphics and avatars and a good imagination was key to great role play. This is the foundation that I build from today.

4. How did you get into Warcraft?

I got into the Warcraft universe as a teenager playing Warcraft II. I went through a phase where I played the game constantly when I had access to the computer, and when I didn't I was reading through the manual, soaking up the lore and writing fan fiction stories about the characters. A lot of my RP characters are based on some of those stories I wrote.

5. What is your favorite race/class?

I identify most with the high/blood elves and the humans, and the majority of my characters are these races. I have a decent knowledge of the lore behind all of the races and can effectively play any race. My least favorite race would have to be the draenei, because the lore was sloppily re-written to fit the Burning Crusade expansion pack, which was even admitted to by Chris Metzen. I've adapted to it, though.

6. What is your favorite kind of character to play?

My favorite kind of character to play is a chaotic neutral or chaotic good character. My character generally has little regard for the law and established customs and is more concerned about achieving his or her goals than with the means used to achieve them. From a sociological standpoint, my characters tend to rate as "Innovators" on Robert K. Merton's Deviance Typology scale, due to their acceptance of cultural goals but rejection of institutionalized means. Often my characters put up a persona of caring about no one or no cause, but actually show their true colors when the rubber meets the road.

7. What is your favorite kind of RP?

My favorite kind of RP is the RP that just happens naturally and sweeps you away. Some of the best role-play experiences I've had were just coming across another character while leveling and hitting it off in character and going from there. The focus on relationships and romance and getting laid IC is a turn off for me, primarily because I've seen firsthand how these "pretend relationships" can wreck havoc in real life. That would be one of my biggest gripes with RP servers... it seems like almost everyone is looking for a relationship and sometimes its harder than swatting drunks in a bar off you.

8. Do you have any hobbies (outside of Warcraft)/talents/stupid human tricks?

I play the piano and sing. I enjoy testing open source software packages on both Windows and Linux platforms and I dabble in network security and penetration testing. I also enjoy fishing, camping, and shooting sports. Professionally I am a prison counselor and case manager.

9. What country are you from?

I live in the United States Midwest, in a largely rural and farming community.

10. Remember question #1? Do you agree to abide by the rules and policies?

I agree to abide by the rules and policies of this community, and may the GM Hammer smite mightly upon my posterior and damn me to eternal exhile should I break any.))
purloinia Wrote:(( Hmmmm. I read the examples thread and saw I was way off base. I'll keep my story posted, mainly because I like it and I want to finish it, but here is something much more in keeping with the format suggested.))
I'll move it to the proper area, you don't have to be IC everywhere though, there are proper forum places for that too. :P
Welcome to the server! >8D
VOUCH

I'm hereby giving my stamp of approval. She has good grammar and a great understanding of her character. She plays her character to a T, and backs all of that up with a solid understanding of lore and time lines. The cherry on top of this player sundae is her persistence to keep the flow moving and staying fresh, something I find invaluable.
Hello. Just wanted to make a note that I'm leaving indefinitely. Some real life BS is hindering my ability to devote a fair amount of time to my role-play. I love COTH and plan to be back. Take care and good luck everyone!