Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Troll Tribe Interest Test (of Doom©)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: bearmaw.jpg]

I was wondering if, perhaps, there would be people interested in forming a Troll tribe RP guild thingymabob. I was actually thinking of starting it on the official WoW RP servers, but after doing some checking around I quickly remembered why I left those servers in the first place. For every good roleplayer, there are fifty sons of illidan, fifty profanity spammers and another fifty people who simply don't roleplay at all.

The tribe idea I had so far is that they're called the Bearmaw Tribe, a tribe of forest trolls who had an ancestral home in northern Lordaeron who revere bears. Fairly unique amongst forest trolls (and in fact, trolls in general), during the time of the second war they were lead by a female warlord who gained her position after backstabbing her mate, becoming one of the few tribes where women were anything more than simple slaves. Obviously they didn't answer Zul'jin's call for arms, worried that they would once again lose their position of power, and they secluded themselves from the war between the Horde and the Alliance.

Twenty years later they were finally forced into a conflict though as the undead masses swept over Northern Lordaeron. Rather than remain and try to fight wave after wave of undead foes, they opted to pack up their supplies and flee. One of their seers had a vision of Thrall's new Horde gathering in the south and the warchief used the distraction of the Alliance forces trying to contain the rebellious orc interment camps in the south to siphon away one of their ships and braved the seas to forge their new homelands across the ocean, guided by the farseer's visions.

Unable to forge a land of their own in forests dominated completely by Night Elves however, they were forced to stay on the run until their warchief was assassinated in a small skirmish with the Night Elves. The new woman who rose to power decided that their small tribe would face complete extinction at this rate and fled to Horde controlled lands, swearing the allegiance of her tribe and her knowledge of the Amani Empire to the Horde, in exchange for asylum for her tribe in Horde lands.

--------------

Right now, I'm mostly just checking to see if people think the tribe idea is interesting enough to come together to form it. So yeah, would there be any people who're interested? =) Details about the tribe can easily be filled in if we have a few people who think the idea is good enough.

People interested:
Talal
One thing that I can see as a complication is the fact that the tribe is forest troll. Currently we do not allow forest trolls normally. It is extreamly rare at best.
I love trolls but this is just a small problem, just wanted to point it out.
I did come across a rule that states you can't play as races who would be 'killed on sight', but that was all I could really find on the subject of playing out-of-the-ordinary races. Lorewise, there's nothing to prevent forest trolls from joining the Horde. It's already been shown that forest trolls holding true to Zul'jin's promise to come to the Horde's aid are accepted back into the Horde (Revantusk tribe), so I highly doubt it'd be considered 'far out' for a different tribe of forest trolls to be accepted. Sure, they'd be looked at with suspicion, but then again, lorewise half the races look at eachother with suspicion.

But obviously the final verdict on if the tribe would be allowable or not is up to a GM or admin. =)
I have had the idea of a troll tribe in my mind for a long time. Looks like you've beaten me to mentioning it though. I would join this.
Troll tribes are so much fun. ^_~ I'll make a list of people interested and add you to it. If it turns out that the admins decide not to allow a forest troll tribe serving the horde because they feel it wouldn't fit the lore for some reason (no clue why, but let's say if) I'm sure we can work out a different tribe idea instead. =) Welcome aboard to the idea.
From what I've been told, the Tribe can exist as a guild as long as it holds no would be pre-existing lore.
Well, it wasn't so much the 'tribe' part that would be the rejection as the 'Forest troll' part. =) Brutalskars pointed out that Forest Trolls generally aren't allowed as playable characters. I'm relatively certain I could justify their reason for joining the Horde, but it might still be an issue.
Forest trolls aren't so acceptable more because of the models. The playable trolls look nothing like forest trolls, save maybe Revantusks, and even that is a skin coloring stretch.
Revantusk trolls actually also took on the forest troll model. I'm not entirely certain why exactly they even changed the models, considering the lore doesn't describe forest trolls as being twice as muscular as jungle ones, just slightly taller and bigger, but mweh. The lighter blueish colour of green is actually easily explained though. Forest Trolls are green because their bodies support a limited amount of plantlife, and algae and moss grow on their bodies, giving them the green tint.

A blueish green skin colour can quite easily be explained by simply saying a different kind of moss grows on them than normal. Though I do see your point when it comes to the models. Hmm.
Right, the Forest trolls are easily distinguished from far away, something you can't really emulate with the normal model so much.
Indeed, that is generally why they don't allow Forest Troll's. The Darkspear Troll model isn't even close to the same, and the Revantusks are no longer horde aligned. Lore-wise they were once, but they are now neutral, but friendly.
Hmmm. Guess Forest Trolls are out of the question then. Pity, the idea of a Troll tribe who valued the attributes of a bear seemed rather interesting. Jungle Trolls don't quite have the same kind of animal. Perhaps Gorilla, but that seems a bit.. odd. Any ideas for a good totem animal for a Jungle Troll tribe that values physical strength?
A good idea might be to create a troll and RP with him, perhaps his ambition could be to create his own tribe (due to ambition or maybe just being a bit lonely).
Tiger and Raptor are animals of cunning, strength, huntering, power in Jungle Troll tribes. Valued for thier cunning and strength as mounts and pets.
I was thinking more off... Crocalisks and Gorillas. Because they're a lot less common. And represent physical strength a bit more than a raptor or a tiger, who rely more on cunning and agility. But I'll keep an open mind if anybody wishes to convince me otherwise. :P
Pages: 1 2