Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Daithi's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, my name is Daithi. I have used this name for years as my internet alias and role-playing character. For those who are interested, it means David in the Gaelic language (Irish). Role-playing has always intrigued me, and for a while I have looked for a good RP server. In other games, years ago, I would partake in some light RP, and recently I felt I was ready for more. Anyway, I am not sure if this is needed, and I did not read an age limit anywhere, but just for your consideration, I am 18 years old.

1. First things first! Did you read the rules, policies, and FAQs?
- Yes, I have read the rules and policies.

2. How did you hear about us?
- I searched for "WoW Private Server RP" and you're server came up organically. To be a front page site on Google is a great thing. I salute you.

3. How did you get into RP?
- I have what most would call an active imagination. Technically, I have been role playing since I was very young and spent much of my childhood with a stick (sword) in hand, whacking bushes (evil trolls) and being chivalrous. This evolved into more complex story making, sometimes even story writing, and as I matured, so did the content of my RP. My first real RP in a game would be a guild in RuneScape, in either 2002 or 2003 (prior to me having the ability to build computers, I could play only what my Dell could run). That guild was a very secretive guild, with no public website or open admissions, and I was specifically recruited. Actually, it was an intense RP experience. Perhaps I'll tell you all that story later on.

4. How did you get into Warcraft?
- I, like most people, played and loved Warcraft 3. That is was introduced me to the dense and expansive lore of Warcraft, and from there I bought World of Warcraft in 2005, and have been playing it sporadically since.

5. What is your favorite race/class?
- My favorite race would probably be Human. My friends would always mock me for being "safe" with my choice, but I feel I connect to the history of the Human race in Warcraft, their plight and their triumphs. Of course, my only 80 character in WoW is a Tauren, but that was a choice made because out of the horde, I felt I could enjoy them the most. My favorite class would probably be my first character's class, ESPECIALLY in RP, which is the Paladin. However, my Tauren was a warrior, and that is also a great class. I usually find it hard to choose a class initially, seeing as I really like most of the classes. You'll never see me play a Warlock, Priest, or Druid. I do not hate these classes, but I just do not like playing them, especially in an RP sense.

6. What is your favorite kind of character to play?
- I usually play differing characters based on my class choice, or specialty, but I usually end up being a "good" character, or atleast on the fence leaning towards good. My character is always honorable and dutiful, usually with a history of soldiering or humble nobility. He would be somewhat of a stoic character, hard and calculating, but would have strict morals. Of course, depending on the type of characters already populating this sever, I would have no problem playing the more neutral, removed hunter, or a malicious and deceptive elitist with delusions of grandeur. Honestly, I just need a niche, and I will have fun throwing myself into it.

7. What is your favorite kind of RP?
- I really do not know what this question is asking. If this is in regards to specific types of RP, I haven't the slightest idea what I like, as the few times I have participated in an RP, it was really informal. If it is in regards to actions, like over chat or in person with actions, I would say I would like to use mostly /say and not chat groups, and do the RP face to face, with actions.

8. Do you have any hobbies (outside of Warcraft)/talents/stupid human tricks?
- My do have a few talents, I guess. I am pretty good with computers, having built many, and worked as an I.T. intern. I play the drums, and a small amount of guitar, and have always had a passion for music. I am an avid gamer, and I enjoy shooters, strategy (real-time, not turn-based), and of course role playing. I also own the PS3 and 360.

9. What country are you from? (Or, if you're uncomfortable with that question, what is your first language? We don't need to know exactly where you live, just what general time zone you're in and if you need some wiggle room on your spelling and grammar.)
- I am American, born and raised. I am the first American born generation of my family, with my parents and older siblings being born in Ireland, but as they speak English there as well, it is not a problem. I should be given no quarter for my grammar. I live in the Eastern time zone.

10. Remember question #1? Do you agree to abide by the rules and policies?
- Yes, I understand the relevance and importance of each of the rules, and will abide by them. I have a few questions regarding the censorship on IC role playing, mainly with regards to cursing, bawdy quips, and referencing other nefarious subjects when it works for your character and is relevant. Now, as I said above, I will most likely be the honorable stalwart, but it's always good to know your boundaries.

So, there is my introduction. I am excited to try an actual RP in Warcraft, especially with a group that has clearly defined guidelines to prevent trolling.
Welcome to the server.