Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: About special profiles.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I was wondering... why do special profiles need to be OK'd simply for posting?

I mean, they're going to be looked at either way, and it seems a bit odd to simply correct mistakes in a PM of the profile, rather than on the actual post, if you get my meaning. It just seems to waste not only the player's time for waiting for it to be OK'd, but the GM's time too because he/she has to check profiles in their PMs.

I'm not asking for it to be changed, I'm just wondering.
Because it gives the GMs a chance to discuss it privately and not have all the other players go "Oh hey look! He's got special stuff in his profile! Let's do that too!" It just helps keep everything low key and organized for us.
Ah, fair enough.

That answers that then. XD

Cheers.
I don't think the other comment was addressed, which is actually not entirely correct...
The profile isn't sent through PMs. The player simply contacts the GM with the idea of the special character, either in-game or via PM. If the idea is approved, then the person posts the profile in the Special subforum, and it's treated normally from there (so to speak).
Oh, that even helps me out for handling future situations like that, since I have yet to have one of these cases. Heh, thanks Kret.
Ohhh... See THAT makes more sense.

I was told that I had to send the profile through a PM! Heh.

Thanks for clearing that up, Kretol.
I think that I had told Andrasia I used to have people send the idea to me VIA PM so that I wouldn't forget, but I probably said it funny.

I TAKE THE BLAME!
Actually I've told people to pm a profile. No one had told me straight up what it was and no one corrected it this whole time. *Shrug*
When I PMed my idea to Nostra, he told me to PM him a basically first draft of it and he basically helped me shape it. That might just be GM preference though.
Heh, well I like to see what I´m oking first, it essentially just means I´ll skim through it to see if there´s anything glaringly in it.
Though I guess just asking about the idea is good, I would still personally PM it to a GM, so I can get some help because I am definatly not good with character profiles. :P