Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Trouble installing ONLY TBC and the original.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You read the titel right, it's my 7th download now and no matte rhow hard i try, it always goes straight to WotLK for some reason, cant uninstall either since the option's not there...!!...

Damn blizzard...

In any way, if anybody knows how to not only uninstall but also where you can actually one by one download the versions, please, gimme a hand cus this is soooo getting on my nerves. :(
We are on Wrath of the Lich King though.

Patch 3.0.9 I believe.
The game will have the Wotlk backround no matter what version you acutally play if you patch up to 3.0 and up.

And yeah, we´re on 3.0.9, though I think .8 works as well.
What worked for me:

Download Wow Installer from Downloads:

Install and Patch

Download WotLK from here: http://www.gamershell.com/download_37538.shtml

Install and Patch
Why exactly would you not want WotLK anyway? The only real reason I can come up with is a lack of space. If that isn't the reason, there's little reason to skip WotLK. So if you tell us the reason as to -why- you don't want WotLK, we might be able to help a bit better.
Theik :) Check the information posted on this site about how to connect and you'll understand why i was so confused, not only does it state the server is ont he outdated 3.03 but it also says it does NOT feature WotLK, so i figured i could not connect to the server with WotLK installed due to all the fuss about servers during the release of WotLK.

Anyways, sorry for my late response and i wanna thank everyone for giving me some good advice and... Up to date information, you gm's might wanna check that sometime soon :D
Wow, i must really suck, i suddenly forgot completely how to update the patch version :O

Stuck at 3.01 and cant get the updater to work, i never stood still at how you actually cause the updater so im kinda at a loss after trying every .exe file in my WoW map.

Anyone have a sure way to do it?
What the FAQ means is that Northrend / WotLK content isn't fully functional yet, and it is quite buggy.
Patch 3.anything is already WotLK content, the 3 standing for the third installment of patches. (1.x is vanilla, 2.x is TBC, 3.x is WotLK.)

A clean install of vanilla, then TBC, then WotLK should allow you to fully update to the current patch, which will allow you to connect.