Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. First things first! Did you read the rules, policies, and FAQs?

Yes. Quite comprehensive, but pure RP servers require such exhaustive conditions, based on what I've seen so far.

2. How did you hear about us?

Well, my cousin used to play on one of those instant-level-80 fun server things, said there was absolutely nothing remotely resembling roleplay in WoW. I set out to prove him wrong, and came across this server while googling.

3. How did you get into RP?

I've been into RP for a long time, but its not very popular where I come from. Hence my first real RP experience occurred online, with the Neverwinter Nights server Menzoberranzan. Being a hardcore drow fan, I signed up for it, feeling it would have some great RP moments, based on their rules & policies (similar to what I've seen here, except that submitting a concept was mandatory before playing). My RP became more polished under the guidance of the DMs and the senior players, and I spent a memorable 2 years there before it shut down.

4. How did you get into Warcraft?

I bought the first game, Warcraft: Orcs and Humans almost 10 years ago. Since then, I've played all the Warcraft strategy games, which have some of the most compelling plots I've seen. I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of Warcraft (that being reserved for the aforementioned D&D Underdark) but I have a good grasp on the history of Azeroth. I'll try to go through more material when I get a chance. I haven't played WoW before, hopefully it doesn't have a very steep learning curve!

5. What is your favorite race/class?

Well, in Warcraft I'm divided between the Night and Blood Elves. The Night Elves have an engaging history behind them, but the Blood Elves are far closer (from what I've read) to my style of RP. I'd say a Blood Elf Warlock or Death Knight would be my PC of choice.

6. What is your favorite kind of character to play?

I've roleplayed quite a few characters, but I enjoy the 'subtle evil' dark elf style character the most. Evil, yes, but pragmatic. I'm surprised how many people misinterpret Chaotic Evil as Chaotic Stupid serial killer. Everything and every action has to benefit the character somehow; Even if this means aligning with the lesser races!

7. What is your favorite kind of RP?

I'm not a big fan of constant battles. I like combat, but mostly as a break from the non violent aspect of RP. If I spend the entire evening in a tavern plotting, without ever having to remove a weapon (save for intimidating a craven thief) that's fine with me.

8. Do you have any hobbies (outside of Warcraft)/talents/stupid human tricks?

Table tennis (or ping pong to some folks), strategy and RP games, music and reading. I also enjoy playing the guitar, hikes and nature walks.

9. What country are you from? (Or, if you're uncomfortable with that question, what is your first language? We don't need to know exactly where you live, just what general time zone you're in and if you need some wiggle room on your spelling and grammar.)

I'm from India, timezone GMT +5:30. English is my third language, but I've been studying it as long as I can remember. Hopefully, it's passable.

10. Remember question #1? Do you agree to abide by the rules and policies?

Absolutely.
Welcome to the server! >8D