Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Your Friendly Neighborhood St--er. Powderd Jedi.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First thing's first. I like lots of description, and having a solid grasp of the english language is great. Solid grammar and sentence structure is a must for me, -however.- And this part is very important. There is such a thing as /too much./ The line between writing a detailed post and trying to prove yourself as an intellectual superior is very thin, and as soon as you start using gigantic words willy-nilly and overthinking and trying to basically fill your post with as much useless fluff as you can, you're trying to prove something. Furthermore, I'm absolutely certain that you aren't interested in my whole life's story, as was pretty much described in the 'sample requests' sticky. I hope I've answered the questions thoroughly enough to satisfy the GMs without having to tell you every tiny little detail about myself and without having to pontificate, or, speak as if I'm a pompous intellectual elitist. Remember kids, true liberals educate the stupid. Fascists are the ones who kill them.

Er, and secondly, I'm running 2.4 I think. Pre WotLK. I might just be stupid and blind, but I can't seem to find the info that says what version you're running anywhere...

1. Of course I read the rules, policies, and FAQ. That just means it'll be easier for me to get in.

2. I actually heard about you lot through google. I was just searching for a decent private RP server and, lo and behold, here I be.

3. I got into RP years ago when I was about thirteen. I RPed on Yahoo with a close friend of mine doing multi-paragraph, highly detailed posts. We even did T1 dueling alot, so you don't really need to worry about exactly how descriptive I'll be.

4. I got into Warcraft because my brother bought it for me, actually. I never really played the top-down RTS games beyond the second one, and furthermore, unfortunately, I don't remember most of it! Hah...

5. I'm not exactly sure I have a favorite race or class. I tend to prefer playing Alliance, though, as the horde races just can't seem to hold my interest for long periods of time. I hope to rectify this.

6. Favorite kind of character to play...well, I like the strong female figurehead. A woman who is ballsy and strong enough to stand up and open a can'a whoop*** (PG-13, right?) on someone, whereas if I play a male character he's normally really feminine and fragile.

7. I enjoy pretty much all kinds of RP, but I cannot -stand- weeaboos. People who run around waving a katana claiming that it can cut through anything -really- make me want to strangle someone.

8. As a matter of fact, I sing and play guitar. And I'm rather good at it. I have other...'hobbies.' But they're not wholly legal, and if you're just plain curious, ask me outside a public forum.

9. I happen to reside in the good ol' U S of A. In the midwest, actually. Missouri's so dang boring. ._.

10. Well chyeah, of course I agree to the rules and policies. Why wouldn't I? People who acted against them are the whole reason I stopped playing retail WoW in the first place.
You're an opposite of me.
I hold no value at all on proper grammar or writing styles.
The server is filled with tons of different countries. many of them.
Including me have English as second language.
So I hold no value on grammar, typo's or alike. Not picky.

I do love seeing big posts, the better the content,
the more detail and quote worthy lines the better.
Doesn't matter for me if the words are spelled right or the sentence structure is all licked up.
As long as what is said or emoted is detailed and well thought about ^^

Not meant to sound impolite but you sound like if you get angry easy.
I know this because my senses tingle, my urge to tease,
and that only happens around ones that are somewhat emotionally unstable.

But back to point ^^ You sound as if you search for high quality RP and desire no less then that.
I'm sure you will find some of them around and are bound to create some amazing long term story lines along the line.

I'm glad I'm no GM for I have no idea if I would approve your introduction. walking the line in my eyes on yes/no.
But if you do make it in, I'll be eager to RP with you and my chaotic sentence structure
as well as my occasional bad grammar habit will be waiting for you ^^

Good luck.

P.S.
Things may have sounded sarcastic or impolite but non was intensionally.
Heh, quite the contrary, good sir/madam. I am, as they say, un-trollable. It's really almost impossible to get me really angry. In fact I'm probably one of the most laid back dudes you'll ever meet. I mean that in alot of ways, so...yeah. And when I said all that stuff is important, I meant mostly that I dun wnt u 2 typ lik dis. I know it's one of the base requirements of the server itself but I don't see the harm in reiterating, "I won't RP with you if you look like you're typing with your face." -To me,- it's important. As you can plainly see, I look...well, I look like I have a damn solid grasp on my engrish rangruage. But you'll learn something really endearing/annoying about me (depending on the person.) I tend to type like I speak, when I'm OOC. IC is like writing a book, structure is pretty much essential output from me at that point. But any other time, eh, F it. Can I say that? I think that'd count as PG-13. The other thing is I really do swear. Alot. Like every other word out of my mouth is the F bomb but I can and will control it here. Or try...sometimes I'm a little 'out of it' and somethin'll slip. Apologies ahead of time.

Eh...so I figured out you guys are 3.0.3 or something like that. Is WotLK like TBC? Can you still play there without it, you just don't get to access that content? Because I'm currently po' and has no monies.
Welcome. We are currently on version 3.0.9, and if you're poor (Heh, most of us are, that's why we're here, right?) we have... some.. uh... actually I can probably just pm some download info if you need it. I can't remember where it might be buried.