Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hello World, an introduction from LittleBoots.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. First things first! Did you read the rules, policies, and FAQs?
I did read the rules, policies, and FAQs, in fact they're currently open in other FireFox tabs. I searched around the internet for a while looking for a server that I thought would be a good fit. You guys seem to have things squared away in regarding rules and regulations.
(Do I get extra points for Alteration? No? Okay fine...)

2. How did you hear about us?
I found this place after a pretty extensive search. My browser history reads like a page out of 'Finding a WoW Server for Dummies". It is kind of amusing actually. I really wanted to make sure I'd be a good fit for the server I settled down on, so I did a lot of research.

3. How did you get into RP?
I started RPing on forums and fell in love with the idea of collaborative storytelling. I didn't start RPing in video games until a trial disc of Earth and Beyond found its way to my doorstep. After getting ganked, a lot, I stopped attempting to RP in games for a while. I began again when a bunch of friends said Warcraft was the place to RP, after bobbing around Retail for a bit I began looking for a more RP centered WoW server.

4. How did you get into Warcraft?
WoW came up as a suggested attempt to retry RolePlaying within games. A lot of friends said it was the best option and so I gave it a shot.

5. What is your favorite race/class?
Humans are probably my favorite race. There's something so heartbreakingly* tragic about such a plain species running around with such extravagant creatures. I'm a fan of magic users; In life I'm not one to run up and confront things and I suppose that shows through in my choice of class.

6. What is your favorite kind of character to play?
I'm a fan of weak characters, in the physical sense. Clumsy, scared and generally less than heroic. It's a lot more exciting to be less than a superstar, the emotion behind failure and a non extraordinary life are more complicated the way I look at it.

7. What is your favorite kind of RP?
The awesome kind! I suppose my favorite RPs are still the turn based Forums I started on. There is a lot of depth in the writing and sometimes I feel like that is lost within games. Maybe you guys will prove me wrong! I hope you do.

8. Do you have any hobbies (outside of Warcraft)/talents/stupid human tricks?
I do a little bit of everything, I love getting my hands on something new and figuring it out. I fix computers while wearing acrylic tips. Is that a good human trick? I think so, those tiny screws are annoying without nails let alone with.

9. What country are you from? (Or, if you're uncomfortable with that question, what is your first language? We don't need to know exactly where you live, just what general time zone you're in and if you need some wiggle room on your spelling and grammar.) I'm from The States, on the east coast. I don't think I'll need much wiggle room, although I am in Jersey so we do tend to have odd ways of spelling and pronouncing key phrases.

10. Remember question #1? Do you agree to abide by the rules and policies?
You bet I do!

I felt like adding, I hope that is okay. Sometimes I talk too much- but I read that you all don't mind long introductions so I figured why not talk to people who like it. The handle Littleboots has been around for a long time. There isn't a very exciting story behind it, but there is a story. Back when the internet was a slightly smaller set of tubes I bought some boots online. When they arrived they were too small, by about 5 sizes. Ever since then I've been mocked by those who know me for my inability to properly shop online. I'm not sure why I felt the need to share that story with all of you... In fact it might have been detrimental to my overall first impression. I promise I'm not totally inept and can in fact function in life situations. I just can't shop online.

[edit] Apparently my roomie was on here a while ago. This new information makes me feel silly for using google to find the place. [/edit]
Your boots story has killed my faith in humanity...

WELCOME!