Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: High Elves - why are they not allowed as a playable race?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering why I can't play as a High Elf on this server? I came across this and decided "Well, I want to play a High Elf mage if that is possible" but yet, according to this, High Elves don't have a good enough history and culture.

Are you joking? Really? If there isn't enough story about them here, then gee whiz, how much do you need?

Now I can't really see why I (or anyone else) shouldn't be able to play as a High Elf.
Thank you for reading.
Because everyone would want to play a high elf, and it is not exactly easy for GMs to make this possible. You hvae to change factions for the player, and basically tie down a model onto the player for the high elf (unless your high elf has green eyes, which is not uncommon.
High Elf is a prestige class and can only be played by Heroes and GMs.

If I'm wrong correct me, haha.
Well, for one thing. There is no character model for High Elves. Yes, Blood Elves are similar, but they do not look -exactly- the same.

Also, there are supposed to be very very very few High Elves left in the world, so to have many people playing them would be completely unrealistic for the RP in general.

@grembomb: No, High Elf is a race. -Nobody- can play one, including Heroes and GM.
Pretty bad form to come to a server and immediately question why or why not people can play as something.

Since you cannot gain reputation with the alliance, using a blood elf as a high elf is out.
Since you cannot have a custom race model, using an existing alliance race is out.
And lastly since just about every high elf seen before is a mary sue, they are out.

It's been seen before, it's been done before, it's been crapped on before, now it can't be.
Why are people so incredibly obsessed with high elves anyway? Does siphoning fel energy from demons make you smell bad or something? I can't really come up with any reason asides from making a goody-goody mary sue character to even want an high elf.
Because some people have preset characters that would never have resorted to fel energy.
Wow, didn't expect this much. I didn't mean to come off as flaming and bashing, if you got that impression. I was just looking over the wiki and I read about "special" characters. I was thinking that some might be allowed to play as High Elf, after an agreement with the GM's. I was trying to point out that High Elves are as feasible as i.e. goblins as a playable race. Sorry for coming off harsh.
It's fine, people just get asked these questions all the time and I think it gets on some peoples' nerves after a while.
Long story short: If High Elves were allowed, everybody would be playing as one.
I'd rather not login to the server and see a population of 40, where 34 of them are High Elves. :roll:

People were already given Blood Elves, and they were solely devised to bring more players to the Horde side by the injection of a "pretty race".
Everyone should be happy that we were given that much.
Not to mention, correct me if I'm wrong, High Elves wouldn't be as powerful as Blood Elves soley because Blood Elves have a larger source of energy, and the High Elves don't want to grow corrupt.

Here's some quotes from WoWWiki
Quote:The Horde orcs, Darkspear trolls and tauren distrust the blood elves, as their addiction to magic makes the high elves look like amateurs.

Quote:Indeed, the existence of the blood elves demonstrates the depth of the corruption possible for this once mighty race, and the high elves see them as a dire warning.

Quote:The high elves are weak; they have potential to reach blood elf status, but they will not embrace the power and therefore are of little use.

Quote: The arcane spellcasters in the Alliance agree that the blood elves have gone too far in their quest for power — even the high elves are sickened and frightened by their former allies' loss of compassion and self-control.

Though, not all of these really prove my point, and I (WoWWiki) may be wrong.
Here's the link to the wiki: http://www.wowpedia.org/Blood_Elf