Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introducing... Me.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. First things first! Did you read the rules, policies, and FAQs?

I must confess, I haven't read through all of them as of yet. But I have read through most of the rules and faqs. I'm currently working on reading through the rest, as well as touching up on my WoW lore and delving deeper into what I didn't previously know, which is a lot.

2. How did you hear about us?

I heard about CotH from my boyfriend, actually, who in turn found it through a google search. We've been searching for a decent Rp private server for a while and stumbled upon this one.

3. How did you get into RP?

Ever since the third grade, I fell in love with writing stories. There was just something magical about developing characters and plot stories and new, fantasical worlds, and then putting all my thoughts down on paper in strings of structured sentences that brought the story to life for the reader. Of course, back then, my writing wasn't so great... I hope I've improved a little. It wasn't until several years later that I discovered roleplaying. Actually, at the time, I wasn't even aware that what I was doing was rping. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and myself and my cousin would write letters (yes, through snail mail) back and forth, each writing out a new piece of the "rp", and the other responding. Then came along the internet and the oh so wonderous AOhell. When I made my first screenname, I knew nothing of roleplaying, or "simming" as it were, until I stumbled into a random Star Wars chat room. And that was it for me. For a long time after, I simmed in chat rooms until I eventually moved to message board rp. I still do so and am currently running a Star Wars message board rp and an all-around fantasy one.

4. How did you get into Warcraft?

I've actually only recently been aware of Warcraft. Recently, meaning the past few years. Before that, I knew little of mmo's or the likes. I've always been a bit of a gamer, though I tended to lean towards the action/platforming types. When I was introduced to mmo's, I believe my first ever played was Maple Story. (Yeah... try figuring that one out...) I quickly upgraded to Ragnarok Online, which was immeasurably better, and that's saying a lot. It was my boyfriend who actually introduced me to mmo's, and we're always searching for ones that we could play together. Then, when one of his roommates brought up the login screen to WoW, I was greatly intrigued and wanted to get right into playing. It wasn't until after I started playing WoW that I learned of its predecessors and origins, the Warcraft games. It was a fairly easy game concept for me to grasp and get into, since I was a big Starcraft player for a while, though I still have yet to play through any of them. However, upon immediately entering the mmo stage, I came to one startling realization: Why wasn't anyone 'rping' on an mmo-'rpg'? It seemed only obvious that one should be conducting in roleplaying on a game specifically named a 'roleplaying game'. And since I was already a huge rper, I endeavored to seek out an rp server on WoW. I'm still lacking a bit in the knowledge of Warcraft lore, though I have a general feel for the overall arcing story plots. I'm currently working on eradicating this speed bump.

5. What is your favorite race/class?

Haha, this is a no-brainer. Unlike my boyfriend, who tends to have the need to experience all and every race/class available, there is ever only one race and one class for me: The kind that have pointy ears, and the kind that shoot little pointy sticks from bows. I don't really know why, but for some reason I have a love affair with elves. And I also have a love affair with archers/hunters/rangers and any other class of the type, even more so when said class gets to have a companion run around with them. I don't know why this is, it just... is. And if a game doesn't have such a class, I am deeply saddened. Oh, and I guess I also like druids. They're cool, too. I mostly enjoy playing Alliance, and mostly night elves. Though, I've come to like the blood elves a bit.

6. What is your favorite kind of character to play?

I guess it really depends on the genre I'm playing in. Generally speaking, I tend to play the uber lightsider, oh so goodie-twoshoes, who feels a strong desire to fight for justice and all things good. Typically, a tragic past is thrown in to give the character some inner demons to work through. (i.e. my Jedi character.) But I also tend to play the socially-impaired, moody loners who feels it is their duty, nay their curse, to put themselves through torturous ordeals and ostracize themselves from the world - tragic past also inserted here. Another of my favorites, although I've never rped one out but merely wrote them in stories, are the young, inexperienced and unsuspecting heroes/heroines who get thrust into a conflict seemingly too big for them to handle. Last one, I promise... the bad guy/girl who felt they had no choice but to become an agent of evil, and then by some twist of fate, turn good and henceforth must struggle with their inner demons. Okay, that's all. I think.

7. What is your favorite kind of RP?

I'm not a hundred percent sure I understand this quesiton, but let's hope I get it right, eh? When it comes to rp, I just love plot and character development. If no actual action were to occur throughout a part of an rp, I would be perfectly happy as long as the characters developed through story and interaction; developing relationships, personalities, hates, likes, etc, and having more of the character's background and inner most self revealed to the co-players of the rp. However, action is always good, and all rp's need a little action. So, yeah, I also like action and adventure where the characters must face against some foe or another. A little romance thrown in is always great, though I tend to lean towards the unlikely match-ups, or the ones where it starts out as a loathing relationship. Those are always fun... It just makes for better storytelling, doesn't it? As far as genre, I started out rping in Sci-Fi (more specifically Star Wars) and ever the huge fan of it. Fantasy roleplaying is great, too, especially the kind that have elves.

8. Do you have any hobbies (outside of Warcraft)/talents/stupid human tricks?

As stated above, I love to write. As such, one of my hobbies is writing stories. I really want to become a published author someday. Reading goes along with that, I think. If you love to write, you darn well better love to read. I also enjoy astronomy and stargazing, though I confess I haven't done so in a while. Apart from indoor activity, such as game playing, I love the outdoors. Kayaking, hiking, you name it. I'm also a huge photography enthusiast and hope to one day become a well known nature photographer. And most recently, though I really don't understand why I didn't pick this up sooner considering my answer to #5, is archery. I'm not very good at it just yet, but I hope to be able to compete someday. I have my eye on this really nice recurve.... Not that I can as of yet pull back 50 lbs of draw weight!

9. What country are you from? (Or, if you're uncomfortable with that question, what is your first language? We don't need to know exactly where you live, just what general time zone you're in and if you need some wiggle room on your spelling and grammar.)

I hail from the U.S.of.A. West coast, to be more specific. So, my time zone is Pacific Standard Time.

10. Remember question #1? Do you agree to abide by the rules and policies?

I agree always to abide by said rules and policies. I'm notorious for that. I wouldn't even color out of the lines when I was a kid because it would be "against the rules." Or in P.E. when all the other kids were "cutting the corner" while running laps, I couldn't bring myself to violate such ancient and time honored regulations. Haha, but no, you will have no qualms from me about any such violations of rules and whatnot.
Welcome.