Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Increased Drop Rate, XP rate, and language skill (again)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

While we have GMs that can dole out items, I think it would be much easier on everyone to increase the drop rate of items and gold at some point. Maybe to about 30-75% for items and gold, nothing too outlandish as having a too high drop rate can mess with the server (Or so I hear).

I was also considering XP rates. We could have 1-kill-level-70 or 10-kill-level-70 just to keep GMs from having to visit every. single. character. rolled. and leveling them up. Or maybe someday even a quest NPC who just does it and doles out the gift and trinket. I know the gift is usable by all, but the trinket could have some sort of class limitations.

I also made a ticket about a find I made regarding editing the database to include, by default, the language skill. I've seen this done before, though I know the undead have a problem with common in some instances.
I levelled a character from 1 to about 12 the other day. Some things I did notice was that drop rates and experience rates are already inflated. My character reached level 11 before leaving the Valley of Trials, and mobs dropped about twice the amount of items that they usually do.

However, I would not expect any further changes to these areas for a few reasons:

1. If someone does want to play a low-level or levelling character, it should certainly be within their power to do so. The grind is obviously significantly easier with the experience inflation, that IMO is enough.

2. Requiring each character to be levelled by GMs allows us to say "no" to any characters with ridiculous or outlandish names. It also ensures that anyone that wants something special for their character can get ahold of it right away.

3. As for items, Kretol wishes to keep at least some form of server economy intact. He gives enough gold so people can get their set and epic fliers, and not much else. If everyone had things such as max tradeskills etc. on a whim, there would be nothing to work for, not to mention gathering tradeskills, such as mining, would be rendered completely valueless.

Edit: As for languages, I'll let Kretol sort that out. I do know that no one is currently satisfied with the current state of cross-faction communication, and if we can do something to alleviate that issue we'll try to do so.

Quote:Grakor456 wrote:
3. As for items, Kretol wishes to keep at least some form of server economy intact. He gives enough gold so people can get their set and epic fliers, and not much else. If everyone had things such as max tradeskills etc. on a whim, there would be nothing to work for, not to mention gathering tradeskills, such as mining, would be rendered completely valueless.

Edit: As for languages, I'll let Kretol sort that out. I do know that no one is currently satisfied with the current state of cross-faction communication, and if we can do something to alleviate that issue we'll try to do so.

Thanks; as for #3, I wouldn't mind it so much if the auction house actually worked. Perhaps we can make a trade forum since we're not all online all the time and everyone can still see it. There are a lot of crafted items that are useful in adventuring and RP.