Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I've been playing WoW (both retail and non) for over four years now. I enjoy the game in itself and never was much of a PvE or PvPer. The story aspect was always what intrigued me. I spent hours reading over the lore and even have a few of the novels. Is that scary? I certainly hope not. I'm a relaxed gamer and not very competitive. I prefer talking to people instead of questing or leveling. That's probably why, in four years, I only had one level seventy (Rorinda, of course).

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I hail from the USA and speak English, German and Latin. However, those aren't in order of fluency. It's more English->Latin->German.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My brother introduced me to Warcraft about four years ago. I was at a boring wine party at his house. In order to get away from the hum-drum of the "boring adults", we retreated to the office where he introduced me to his latest obsession: World of Warcraft. Needless to say, I was hooked.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Another player on the server showed me the site. It excites me to see a private server dedicated to the role-playing aspect of the game.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like to role-play in pairs or small groups and enjoy combat greatly. Well, poor Rori rarely wins, but it's fun anyway! However, I also enjoy romantic (not cybering O.o) and conversational role-playing.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I prefer a Night Elf Druid. It's easier for me to fit into the role, as I love animals and the Earth. The shape-shifting aspect adds a lot to the experience as well (especially combat!).

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect experienced, literate players who have the capacity to be polite and enjoy a good story.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)
"Specifically, the ability to deal with issues in a rational, reasonable, adult manner. It means being able to have the clarity of vision to be critical and honest with oneself, and to act based on the greater good rather than the personal good. It means being able to rise above pettiness, and to recognize that some conflicts are simply not worth getting into. A mature player knows better than to get involved in a confrontation with someone who is griefing them or engaging in some other irritating behavior. Players in this community and on this server should be able to put their pride aside and respond appropriately. You should also be mature enough to realize that, due to the general lack of restrictions with RP, you may encounter or stumble across some R-rated events (whether it's language, violence, intimacy or something else)."

Needless to say, I love you all.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(Well, it's not a World of Warcraft story, but it's one of my best pieces to date)

Grey smoke wafted up from the city streets, blanketing the sprawling metropolis below in a thick haze. Lights flickered on and off below like a great, flat Christmas tree. The streets below were silent, with a ghostly quality. The city's inhabitants had, long before, returned to the relative safety of their homes. Not a dog barked, not a cat hissed, not a motor roared. The sun was just setting, painting the sky a bloody crimson. Soon, the entire city would be eclipsed, followed by the world.
Soon, my love, our Time will come.
Far below the blood-stained clouds, the people prepared themselves. Blades were sharpened. Guns were cleaned. Bullets were stocked. All in vain. This tiny bundle of light had become the focus of the world for this night. The silence signified the end. It was the deep breath before the plunge, the final glimpse of the light before everlasting darkness. This plunge would send the city, the country, the world spiraling into chaos, blood and the eternal night.
Soon, my love.
But, in the confines of one abandoned building, hope gleamed. A thin, emancipated woman with raven hair and dim, blue eyes grasped the hand of a small child. Her clothes were torn and filthy; caked with dirt and grime. They seemed mere rags hanging from her painfully thin frame. Dark shadows underlined the woman's eyes, making them seem huge, like those of a doe backed into a corner, frozen in terror at the approach of the jackal, jaws wide and slavering for the kill. The woman's eyes were tightly closed, her knuckles white as she clung to the boy's hand in desperation, as if he were her last hope for some sort of redemption.
The boy seemed to be no more than four years old by his size, though it could have been attributed to his thin frame and baggy, torn clothing. Shaggy brown hair framed shining green eyes and his grip was strong and sure on the woman's hand. Blood trickled from his palm, where the woman's nails had dug into the skin.
Patience. Have patience, dearest one.
Outside, the sirens began to wail, their shrieks echoing up and down the streets as if a thousand tortured souls screaming for relief had been let loose. Then, abruptly, they ceased. Silence fell once more, but this Silence was different. This was a black Silence, heavy and suffocating.
Now, my love. Now, it is Time.
The world went dark, black clouds covering the sun as the lights of the city flickered out, building by building. The darkness was absolute and all understood that, now, there would be no return from it. Quite suddenly, a ray of light broke through the clouds, though it was no ordinary light, but a whirlwind of colors, none distinguishable from another. The lights touched Earth and swept across the land, leaving ashes where buildings, people, animals and plants had once been, only the Silence and darkness marking their path after they had moved on.
The woman dropped the boy's hand and put both her hands to her ears, letting out a pitiful whimper, like that of a frightened animal. The boy, however, smiled. He turned to her and gently pried her hands from her ears. His eyes shone brightly as they met hers, full of hope.
There was another moment of the terrible Silence before the boy whispered, “It's ok. You can see the light better when it's dark.”
Time.
The woman's eyes widened for the briefest of moments, before a smile turned the corners of her lips. She pulled the boy into her arms, hugging him tightly, just as the light slithered into their room. Thousands of colors bounced and gleamed off the dusty walls, bathing the room in a rainbow of light.
Time.
Moments later, all that remained of the woman and the boy, the building and the city, the people and the animals were mingled ashes, soon to be blown away by the wind.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)

I simply hope to see you all in-game! :D
Welcome!