Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Krymore's Introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I'm the kind that's eager to explore possibilities. As a player, I find myself often attempting new characters/jobs/talent trees (in WoW's case). Hence, this unique community intrigues me and draws me to its luring promises of Role-Playing. I'm going to be honest in that "Role-Playing" to me, means an emphasis on leveling, questing, and enjoying the whole gaming experience, rather than a mindless blood lust to kill those in the opposite faction for no reason other than, well, the fact that they are a part of the other faction. "Roll-Playing" to be is a chance, to fully immerse oneself into the game, with one's character, and amongst others.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Well, I was born in the People's Republic of China, but I would have to add the fact that I'm currently residing in California, which for those who do not know is in the USA. My primary language, despite my nationality, is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My first encounter with WarCraft was, quite obscurely, the novels. I first read the novels when I was in middle school, while everyone else was playing the game, I picked up the book, and was captivated by the plot. After the read, I bought the game, and though Battle.net and DotA provided hours of mindless slaughtering of others, I find the Campaign more entertaining. The birth of the prince, his heroic deeds, and ultimate corruption that led to the murder of his father. After WarCraft III, it was nothing more than the ruse of the time, brought by the sheer number of people hyped up over this World of WarCraft, that made me uninterested. Now, after 2 extensions, and a few years on its back, I am willing to give this game a chance to "WoW" me.

What made you seek our server over others?:
First of all, the sheer exclusiveness of this server, makes it, to me, something desirable. It's more than just a private server where anyone could join, it's more like a fraternity, no negative connotations or sexual bias intended, a very closed one, a very deeply bonded one. Not some cheap item of amusement and profit you witness in the rest of the servers out there.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I would most certainly enjoy the company of another, or others. Something that mixes reality and fantasy would trigger my attention.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
The undead, of all the races, stands out to me the most. Every race has its heroes, their heroic deeds, and their stories. The Undead, however, is vile, corrupted, and their heroes, mad-men, slaughterers, and definitely not one of those socially acceptable characters and deeds. They are the outcasts, the black sheep.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect nothing less than an engaging experience, a memorable one while I'm at it, and nothing less than what its moderators expects of me. I expect this server to be the one place where my WoW career can call home.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The one rule, out of a couple that were interesting, that spoke to me was the one about Godmoding, I had no idea what it meant, but after reading your wiki-post on it, a rather enjoyable one, it seemed most amusing. One specific allusion made in the detailed explanation of Godmoding was the one about wrestling moves, and the link to, now dead, WWE:Know Your Rules helped.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Completely spontaneous, this might sound a little corny.

Cold, naked and hungry, I ventured in the land they call Ten Retni, with one objective in mind - to search for a lodging, a bit of warmth after my week-long journey. It was a week ago, when I decided to flee from my home in search for something more meaningful, more engaging than a dead end job, a wife as plain as the snow in which i find my footprints. In my week-long journey, I have been mugged, beaten after a full-body search that yielded in nothing of value. Now wounded, I trudged slowly in the snow, in this jungle made boards and text hoping for somewhere to rest my frostbitten fingers. What's this? A smoke in the distance, the shape of a warm cabin coming into view. ALAS! Civilization!

I ran, or so I thought at the moment, as fast as I could, but my woulds inflicted by Dem Slaughtering Lasses, the band of female bandits that mugged me made my legs as useful as wet firewood. I fell, and crawled towards the now clearly visible cabin. As my vision dimmed, and my breath weakened, I reached its doorsteps, and find myself before a door with three parchments covered in some sort of viscous substance that bound my fingers to them like glue. It was a tavern, strangely named Conquest of the Horde and it required some sort of identification at the entrance, one that was required to be fabricated by oneself. Skeptical of all the other parchments nailed around the three slimy and sticky ones, I wrote one, with my blood for I did not carry a quill in my flesh or skin.

Upon completing the required writing, I was dying, and I was aware of that, I left the parchment, on the steps of the door, and fell unconscious.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Out of sheer curiosity, in which the answer will NOT affect my decision to participate in this server, how many people are currently playing an active part in the maintenance of the server?