Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Lag Spikes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm getting huge delays between a number of actions and the consequences and I can't figure out why (nothing to do with Addons; I've checked them).
This never happens on any games I've played except Warhammer Online and this specific private server (although I've yet to try any other provate servers on this new computer).
Has anyone had similar problems or know what the problem is?
Are you having other programs using the internet in anway running in the backround? A firewall, torrents or somesuch could be a reason.

Those are the main reasons I myself get lag spikes at least, and stormy weather, or when Kretol is working/using the server computer.
I've tested the game without the normal programs I have on in the background (Steam, MSN etc.). When I have a moment I'll try closing my firewall and other programs that happen to be on and see if that's any better. I am annoyingly busy this afternoon though, so I may have to wait till tomorrow. Thanks.

EDIT: I took a break before eating and it appears to be working (I turned off the Firewal and 'Acer eAudio manager'). I assuming the Firewall is to blame.
I'm going to sit afk for a while just to make sure it's not a one-off non-lag (I'm sitting on a chair in SI:7, so just ignore me). Also, can I ask which pub in Stormwind tends to be used for tavern RP?
Either Pig and Whistle or Gilded rose.