Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Ahzrael's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, to start, I'm 18 and have been roleplaying for roughly five years. As a student I'm studying for a degree in psychology and am interested in a career in the military as time goes on. As far as my non academic interests go, I love to read and collect antique books. I'm also fond of sketch work and writing, hence my love of roleplay, of course! I ride horses in my spare time and volunteer for a school engineering team as well.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from the United States, Florida to be exact, and my first language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I started online gaming about six years ago with a game called Ultima Online. After some time I heard about World of Warcraft and, being a huge fan of the RTS series, I jumped in a month after release.

What made you seek our server over others?:

A friend in my guild on a retail roleplay server plays here and suggested it. I'm very interested in the level of finesse and dedication in roleplaying that was described to me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I've always enjoyed a wide gamut of styles and scenes in my roleplay, it often depends on the character I'm playing as to which prose I prefer most. In some cases I'm very fond of a dark, almost Hawthornian romanticism while in other scenes I'm delighted with a bubbling humor and comedy. In most instances, however, my roleplaying style is centered on a happy medium, my characters holding as much realism as I can muster in the Warcraft world while still carrying a certain splash of jovial mischief.

I like to see characters bleed, to have them feel nervous, frightened, or even laugh, anything that would make them seem more alive.

Also, Argent Dawn/Scarlet Crusade plots make me smile.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

One of my favorite studies has been that of the Crusades. How one man, or woman, could forfeit their identities and comforts to become a hardened fist of faith has always intrigued me. As such, I enjoy playing human paladins the most of any combination that I've tried, a trait that goes back to my Diablo II days and even some DnD experience.

That said, I also love to play dwarven marksman and have a fondness for anything trollish in nature.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I love to roleplay! That would be my first and foremost reason for applying here. I've tried numerous retail roleplay servers and have found myself disappointed each time. I thought, perhaps, my standards were simply too high, but it seems I've found a group of fine folk who share my views.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

What caught my eye first is this very application process. The strictness and absolute quality control already speaks wonders of how this server must be run and the secure environment it supplies.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action:

Deep within the sacred halls of the Scarlet Crusade's finest chapel Father Gregory sat in quiet contemplation, a large stack of formal documents and sealed scrolls strewn across his bulky oaken desk that sat between him and the heavy doors of his small office. Bony fingers gently massaged his wrinkled temples underneath the ornate scarlet miter that sat sunken atop his balding crown, fringes of white hair peeking out from beneath its embroidered edges.

With an elderly sigh he finally resolved to continue as the soft light from the single torch beside the door flickered over the yellowed parchment that stared back up at him from his desk. The thick red stamp in the corner of the curled paper he recognized instantly, it was that of High Inquisitor Whitemane.

An order from the top...Oh this one must be special. His sarcastic thoughts whispered as he unfolded the rest of it, the inquisitor's faded gray eyes absorbing the message in one swoop. He had seen it before, an order of promotion. But what was this? There was more to this form…

Father Gregory folded his frail hands together across his lap, leaning back casually in his over stuffed chair. “Brother Semperius,” His grinding old voice suddenly sprang to life and called towards the door, “Come my son, we have much to discuss.” There was a lurking under-bite in his tone, one that betrayed his mounting disgust with the matter.

A somber quiet filled the hot air around the young paladin, being summoned to see an inquisitor was nothing short of nerve-wracking. Only last week Franco had been accused of heresy and was taken by the inquisitors from his bunk in the barracks. Semperius hadn't seen him since and knew better then to ask about it any further.

Even now as the soft murmur of a distant monk's rhythmic chanting washed over him in the hushed stone passage he couldn't help but catch the faint wail of a prisoner deep within the monastery's dungeons. The thought of an innocent Franco being trapped in such a hellish place made his stomach flip several times, especially since he had been the cause of it all.

The young man straitened his brand new Crusade standard, which he wore with pride, as it lay stretched across his chest. He may have not always agreed with the Crusade's methods…but they did succeed and had given him a home when no one else would.

Semperius watched from his hard wooden bench the fading sun's light shimmer through the brilliantly molded Crusade Cross that lay in stained glass at the end of the short hall, casting the otherwise dank hall in a breathtaking display of reds and yellows. The air suddenly parted as a voice called from within the heavy bolted doors of Father Gregory's office. Even as weak as it was, the inquisitor's elderly voice startled the youthful paladin as he took but a brief moment to compose himself before striding into his superior's domicile with his head held high in false confidence.

Father Gregory's pale gaze shifted over the young man that had entered, adjusting his thick glasses as if unsure this was the right man. Lifting the crinkled parchment to his nose he read aloud as if to confirm his own doubts. “Semperius Shari'Aldune of the Third Company I presume?” He folded the paper down below his eyes with a flick of the finger.

The boy suddenly bolted upright and shot off a sharp salute. The recruit focused on a point in the wall behind the inquisitor and started up his quivering vocals. “Yes, Father, I am the one you have requested.” He finally met the old man's gaze, his own youthful emerald eyes making the elder man snarl behind his teeth. For years I worked in the Church to no avail…and this boy is handed such an honor on a silver platter! His dark mind raced as he choked back a mess of curses.

“Well then,” he finally began, “The High Inquisitor Whitemane seems to have taken notice of your recent heroics against heresy among our ranks.” He trailed off, folding his skeletal hands beneath his thin chin.
Semperius's heart shrank at the mention of Whitemane and his ‘heroics'. Indeed they were nothing more then his failures, which ended in the judgment of a guiltless man.

“I do only what the Light asks of us all, Father.” He dryly managed a generic reply, a small drop of sweat forming on his brow. Did they suspect him? Was all of this a trap to trip him up? The uncertainty began to weigh heavily on his already troubled mind as Gregory broke in.

“A fine answer, Captain.” He said with an unimpressed façade. “Then you will be willing to carry out your Lady's order without question…?” He asked with a failing voice. This could not be! What of my service!?

Semperius looked almost relieved at that, his features lightening back into a mirror of his youth. “Of course, Inquisitor. Duty without question, Faith without doubt.” He recited the line from his training, a message that the converters and missionaries had all but seared into his mind.

The old man simply stared at the boy with a brooding hatred building within his faded eyes.

“Then you shall take my place among our order as confessor of lies and inquisitor of purity.”

The man slowly lifted the tailored miter from atop his balding head, resting the crimson piece on the desk before him with care.

“So shall it be in the name of the Light…”

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I'd just like to thank you, dear GM, for taking the time to look over my introduction. I sincerely hope to be able to join you all on this fine server soon!
Welcome to the server! You won't be able to play a Scarlet Crusader here, but the story was quite good.