Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Scholar and other non-combat characters?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so I noticed there are a lot of combat based characters so my idea is to make a non-combat character. Due to my indecisiveness I am stuck to the following five:

Scholar - Well Learned Human, commonly referred to as Bookworms
Tailor - Considering using the Finest Thread from time to time as a shop if no one else is.
Bard - Now gather near and behold, a tale of a hero quite bold.
Blacksmith - Unlike Durak, this one will not see combat.
Traveling Potion Merchant - I already have plans for some useful IC potions, one of which is a one time use res potion which will cost some money to purchase. (We're talking in gold and you have to have the money ICly)

Sooo, guess what you guys are gonna help me do :D
Everyone will be allowed two votes, the voting ends in 48 hours.
It should be entirely up to you but If you really want help I'd go for the Traveling potions merchant as I don't want to risk my life buying some from the apothecary every time I need a potion or two :P .
thing is I can't decide lol
Hehe, well, as always I would suggest that you dive into these characters and try them out for yourself to make that decision, much better than voting I think. XD Good luck though!
I've got to say, you have to try the class yourself before resolving to stick to it, I don't know what you like roleplaying as.

But I did vote for the Bard, sounds like good grounds for fun RP, both in and out of taverns.
I'm actually more into romance rps. The reason I picked the above character types is I have played them all before on AIM based RPs and enjoyed all of them so I'm having a hard time to pick.
If you can get people o gather round and listen to your tales/songs Bard is going to be the best to find RP with.
After Bard I would've said Potion Merchant but the RP with him might be somewhat repetitive (as, if you commonly sell in one place, you may find yourself trying to sell to the same people). In light of that I'm going to say scholar, as it allows you to discuss lore IC (make sure you read up on some lore that your character could have read though. Keep in mind that you get to choose the lore). Also there are some nice book offhand items available.
Scholar - Transcribe books in the Royal Library