Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Greth (David)'s Introduction Topic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I'm David, I'm now 16 years old (as of March 16th). I'm a sophomore in high school, and I'm hoping to get into Video Game Development. I'm currently learning C++/C#, while I have a good knowledge of LUA, PAWN, JAVA, and.. HTML. I enjoy gaming, hanging out with friends, working out, and just relaxing.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from The United States of America, and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I've never played any of the Warcraft games, until World of Warcraft was released. I started in May 5, 2006 (according to my retail account), due to my friend that showed me the game. He showed me his Horde character, and I just fell in love with the game.

I was never fast when it came to leveling, in which I only got to around level 30-40 in retail, but I got a good grasp of how everything ran in the game. Once I stopped playing for a bit, I grew tired of paying for World of Warcraft, and I headed over to the private server universe.

From then on I went on to play various private servers.. for more than a year or so, then I finally quit for good, I thought. Well, here I am, making my third second return to World of Warcraft.

What made you seek our server over others?:

Honestly, all I did was search "world of warcraft role play private server" (exact wording) in google, and I found this server off of the "games.top.org/world-of-warcraft/" website.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I like doing some 'private' role plays, by private I mean with just mainly three or four people. I enjoy fighting, as we all do, but I believe the better role play experience comes through conversations, and non-violent actions. I've gotten great role play experiences just through multiple lines of speech, simply talking through things really is my thing.

I will be honest, I've never role played in a "medieval environment", if you'll call it that, so I'm new to this type of role play. I'm used to role playing in real life situations, or slightly futuristic situations. I've spent about two years role playing on San Andreas Multiplayer (sa-mp.com). San Andreas Multiplayer role play is basically revolving around a modern day era, police, mobs, gangs, and so on. I've learned through-out my experiences doing that the slang used for such races as African American, Latino, and so on.

I've also role played on Garry's Mod for about six-seven months. The only role play done on there is basically Half-Life 2 role play, which is slightly futuristic; if you are unaware of the story and/or setting of Half-Life 2 you may visit this site.

I think by switching between two totally different role play environments will help me with getting the feel for this type of role play.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I'd have to go with the Warrior, just because that's the class that I started with, and usually the only class I've ever used on a private server, as with official server(s).

What are your expectations of this server?:

Well, I've been looking for a role play server recently for World of Warcraft, and most of them aren't very well; presented that is. I have high expectations of this server, you guys really show that you know what you're doing. You're organized, you have strict applications on getting accepted to play, you have guides on role playing, and high standards.

I'm used to servers like this, from San Andreas Multiplayer I played on a server structured very similar to this one, having applications before playing, and so on.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

"Godmoding". Now I know this isn't the most important rule on the list, but it is one that has frustrated me much through-out my 'role play career'. I've really only role played on combat-based games (san andreas, garry's mod), and this is an increasing problem through-out those games.

It should be known that your character isn't "god", he/she has boundaries and weaknesses. When dealing with this subject I've always thought a great way of giving the other player an opportunity to defend their self would be using an 'attempt' during the action. For example; Bob attempts to slap George's head. Therefore you're giving 'George' the opportunity to block the attack, dodge the attack, or simply let him get hit.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

It was a gloomy evening in Elwynn Forest. Greth wipes his fingers along the blade of his sword. He sighs quietly, while looking down at his dinner. It was not but thirty minutes ago he was hunting for his dinner. Greth resides in a man-made tent he made by skinning elk and other supplies he had found on his journey. He is not known for doing anything spectacular, well he is not really known at all.

He exits his tent, looking at the sky. He grabs the logs he has stored by his tent, and places them into a pile. He starts a fire, and roasts his dinner above the fire. "€œEh, why does it feel like I'm the only man out here"€€ he thinks to himself. He later eats, and lets the fire burn out.

The sun glares through his skin-like made tent. He slowly gets up, looking outside. "€œAnother sunny day"€ I must get food."€ he thinks to himself while he repeats what he did the day before. He's just trying to survive. While slowly walking through the fields, he spots various deer in the distance. He knows that it will be crucial to get food before it is too dark to hunt. Only having a sword, and bow he's not too greatly equipped to take out multiple or a single deer.

He waits patiently near a tree for one of the deer to head toward the creek for a drink; he knew this could take hours, but food is food he always thought. After some time, a deer had in fact walked over to the creek. He wasted no time, while watching it drink, he took his bow from around his back. He locked his arrow, and let it go. It had gone straight through the deer's neck, killing it almost instantly.

Just as he done so, nearby deer have scattered from the scene, too scared to see what may happen to them. He sets the bow onto the ground, walking over to the deer. He bends down, looking at the deer. He sighs while removing the arrow from the deer, and drags it back to his tent. "€œJust another day"€€ he thinks to himself.

Greth had 'cleaned' the deer, and had been done for the day. Like always he made a fire up, while doing so he noticed a strange figure in the woods. This wouldn't have been the first time he's seen the same figure. He's always shrugged it off, thinking it was some type of animal, but he got a better glimpse of the figure this time.

This time he called out at the figure. As soon as he did, the figure 'vanished'. He shrugged it off, doing his usual routine for the night, and the upcoming day. Again as he was making his fire, he saw the figure. This time he decided to 'investigate', instead of simply alarming the figure.

He walked to the figure, slowly, looking hard trying to find every feature of the figure. The figure glared back at Greth, simply staring at him. "€œEy', I've seen you watching me the past nights... Who are you?"€ Greth said to the strange man. The man takes his hood from his head, revealing his face. He's an average looking human with many battle scars.

"€œI go by... Gelith. You may call me what pleases you."€ he replies to Greth, "€œSo... Why are you out here at this time?"€ Greth questions Gelith. Before Gelith can answer, an ambush had upraised; two human's have come from the bushes, un-holstering their swords and/or daggers. "I've been sent to eliminate you."€ Gelith responds. "€œThis can't be happening..." Greth thinks to himself.

Greth examines the three figures; Gelith un-holster's his sword, looking at him.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I'm also willing to learn anything pertaining to Warcraft role play, while I'm not very familiar with it.

[05/10/09] - I've updated my topic with a new story. I'm no writer, nor am I 'the god of knowledge' when it comes to Warcraft, I tried and I hope it's better than what I previously had.
I certainly feel like the outcast here, I'll go by writing a story pertaining to the 'Warcraft era' to add to my application and replace what I previously had. I'll try and have it done within a few days or so.
I've updated my topic with a new story. I'm no writer, nor am I 'the god of knowledge' when it comes to Warcraft, I tried and I hope it's better than what I previously had.
Added onto my story, approximately 258 more words.
Dont worry, im waiting for approval too, even though i have been into writing stories since i was a child, i also know little about warcraft lore, but i can fit bits in and know where stuff shouldnt be, also google is a great help xD
[Image: approved.gif]
Welcome!