Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Cache?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quick question I've been meaning to ask for the past.. probably week or two. We all know that purging the cache is good(for reasons.. I can't remember. But the server tells me to!). Well, a while back I did what I -thought- I always used to do.. which was delete the cache folder all together and then next log in it would be there. WELL. It seems it has not returned. I've deleted it completely. At least the folder.

Again, it's been a good.. year and a half or so since I did that whole process, but I'm pretty sure that's what I always did.. Or mebbe I just dumb. Very possible. But anyhoo, for anyone who could possibly at least shed some light on this? I just feel sad panda-like when I see stuff about purging your cache. "But.. but I no has one! /cry"

Thank you in advance and feel free to slap me for stupidity. ^.^

Oh, and before I have to edit, it was the cache folder in the WoW folder. Ya know, same place as the repair and all that good stuff. <nod>
I did that too, once. Try re-making the folder if you completely deleted it, if not, maybe you have two wow folders, and you can copy the one to the other?

But no, your not suppost to delete the Cache folder itself, deleted what's inside, which should be WDB or something of the sort, it remakes itself.
Hm. I'll try when I get home. At work now. Coulda sworn that's what I used to do. But thanks. :)
i have always deleted the whole thing
world of warcraft/cache
never had any problems myself, but like, if it doesnt appear and you can still play the game fine i dont see any problem as all it does is record game data
Yeah, I never really knew what it did. And I'm semi-OCD I guess, and just going there and it not being there bothered me. Who knows!
To be safe, I would suggest to go to where the .wdb files themselves are and delete them.
For instance, go to WoW -> Cache -> WDB -> enUS (or whatever locale you have) and just Ctrl+A and Delete. Or, you could create a batch file (or just get the one I posted in the Downloads section of the site). One-click cache-purging is nifty.