Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Gale Turner - An introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Ok first things first, I just filled out this entire application and took an hour and a half on that damn story before the preview screen said something about failing to connect and the webpage expired! Bwaaar! Anyway, I'm a laid back player who loves to roleplay, I love to see characters develop in both personality and appearance after long periods of time, I'm sure I'd be a a valuable addition to your roleplaying comminity.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

England, will be in Japan in September, English is primary for me.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

A shady dealer gave me a 10-day free trial in a back alley.. I kid! I just picked it up and thought it looked cool.

What made you seek our server over others?:

Wanted a private server... and really wanted roleplay! This server appeals to me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

As mentioned before, I love long storylines with conflict, romance and action! But that said, I also love relaxing in an inn and just roleplaying for hours on end.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Human Rogue - I love the freedom of which way to go, there is no designated affiliation. I love the look and the attitude I apply to a rogue, sorry if this all seems rushed, kind of angry after having lost the first application.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Roleplay... pure roleplay and friendly community.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The continued war against leetspeak, a battle we can win!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Here we go again...

I'm really sorry and if I must I will reproduce the story I made the first time which was basically a mini-epic, I really hope you don't mind a summary as it's now past midnight, enjoy:

Gale falls, her lungs void of air which she cannot seem to replace, she is slumped against a wall and her head is looking at the ceiling. She is panting for breath and her arm is clutched to that of what seems to be a corpse.

She cannot bring herself to look down at her shoulder, but eventually she must. An open wound caking with black blood and ooze, the veins and arteries in proximity of the what can only be a sting are turning a sickly green.

Gale looks down at the body she has been dragging, a fallen comrade revealed to be someone she only met the morning of what she can only assume is day. She feels her wound crawl and pulse with agony. She notices the similar wounds on the body before her swarmed with spiders, small and busily scurrying about the wound.

Before her the torches on the walls reveal the insipid yellow dress of the Grand Widow, alongside her scurries a thin-limbed spider, drooling on to the floor, hungry for the half-dead before it. Gale sees no need in fearing Faerlina anymore and lets fate take its course.

Salvation, Faerlina's extended arm recieves an astounding crack as a glowing hammer is sent flying towards it. The hammer falls infront of Gale and she lets her head fall to the side, Faerlina's screams of agony and shock a sweet symphony to Gale, as the righteous light of the raiding party she was seperated from resonated from down the hall. Gale blacks out.

Gale awakes to see a pyre being built and an Anchorite leaning voer her pouring what seems like a liquid light into her wound. She feels invigorated, better than she has all day, she is eager to continue with the Argent Commander to vanquish Naxxramas and deal a ciritcal blow to the Lich King! The commander realises Gale is nowhere near ready and sends her back to Wintergarde. The corridor is lit before her as the corpses of Faerlina and her comrade are stacked upon the pyre.

When back at Wintergarde she feels healthy, yet drained, she is advised by the Keep's priest to travel back to her home in Elwynn and rethink her training, rekindle her abilities, and aid all those who need her help at home, this is where the story of Gale begins...

(( I'm so sorry for that pathetic story but overall it's been two hours of writing, each of those paragraphs is a summary of around three full paragraphs in past tense! Hope you understand.))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)

Whats the deal with raids and reputation factions?

EDIT: Typo.
Welcome to the server! Be aware that Northrend isn't open yet, and even then we probably wouldn't let your character have a background involving a lore character like that. You'll need to rethink the story if it's for a character you intend to make here.