Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Greetings , Calicos here.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well I have been a RPG fan as long as I can remember. The first game I devoted a large amount of time into was called Neverwinter Nights. It had caught my attention due to the fact it was based off DnD and it gave me the chance to enter my first RP experiences. I had a lot of fun there and I think I spent about 3 years playing that before it started to turn a bit stale for me. That coupled with the fact that I could no longer pay for my internet connection at the time caused me to loose interest in it at the time. That is when I picked up a copy of Warcraft 3. I have never been a fan of RTS games but I got hooked on it for a while because of the story that came with it. I played that for a year or so and realized I enjoyed playing the hero's as sort of solo character's instead of actual armies as it was intended. I enjoyed the Rexxar storyline and enjoyed some of the other mods that were made for it where you simply choose a hero and went against the environment. After a while a couple friends of mine told me about World of Warcraft and how good it was. I got a copy from a friend and they taught me about private servers and the like. I got myself up to level 65 as a hunter in my first server before searching for another server. I got sick of the whole chat channel abuse the fact that people just wouldn't follow any code of conduct made me just pack my things and leave.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from the US, specifically Florida and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

As mentioned above I lost my Internet connection and decided to give WC3 a try and loved it , then a few friends told me about World of Warcraft and how to set it up for private servers and here I am.

What made you seek our server over others?:

After I had left my first server I went hunting for a server with a stricter environment where stupidity wasn't an excepted part of the population. in my searches I learned that Retail WOW had an RP player base so I decided to hunt down a server that was created only for RP. This hunt lead me here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy large engrossing RP that even the lowest to the highest character's could enjoy. Back in NWN our Dungeon Master (The equivalent of a GM here) in my old server used to throw us into situations where everyone had a part to play. Even the lowest characters could mine for iron to forge swords of the army and protected there town while the highest went on campaigns to stop the evil's of the world.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race would have to be the orcs. They have probably one of the best background's In WOW what with the corruption at the hands of Mannoroth and the redemption back to a more civilized race and the fact that they had to fight for every inch of land they have. My favorite class would have to be the hunter because it most closely resembles the ranger from DnD.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I don't know what to expect really. This will be my first RP experience within WOW. I do hope that I can find the same sort of enjoyment I got from NWN as well as perhaps getting into some interesting RP.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

it is definitely maturity. Goofing off is alright every once in a while but when you make a career out of it I lose complete interest.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Late in the day the rain poured from the sky. In the forest of Everlain the water is welcomed by the numerous tree's so high that the sky can no longer be seen. It is here that a beast of monstrous proportion resides. With its scaly camouflaged skin you would be hard pressed to notice it lay motionless. With the blink of an eye the creature rises up on 4 legs and begins to shamble forth in search of food, each step shaking the ground beneath it.
Not far off in the distance a figure can be seen crawling lowly in the grass. The hunter know as Grimjole stays low to the ground with his stomach flat as he observes the beast. He Draws his bow slowly and tilts it sideways so as to still be hidden in the grass. Using all of his strength he pulls the bowstring back slowly and aims for the creature's face. A single shot can be heard and a second later a large crash fills the forest as the creatures falls forever silent. This hunt had been a success.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Don't think so. Everything seems to be pretty clear.
Welcome to the server.
Thank you for allowing me into the server. While I was waiting I read comments all over the web about how the CoTH server was one of the greatest RP servers around and that made me even more anxious to take part. I'll try as best I can to make a positive contribution to the server. :D
Calicos Wrote:Thank you for allowing me into the server. While I was waiting I read comments all over the web about how the CoTH server was one of the greatest RP servers around and that made me even more anxious to take part. I'll try as best I can to make a positive contribution to the server. :D

Your lies do not fool Maulbane! ...I... Umm...

I'm just fooling, I have no idea what i'm talking about. Welcome!