Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Elly's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well now, i'm a man nearing my thirties and have been playing MMOs since good 'ole Ultima Online (From which my online roleplaying originated from aswell). While PnP's aren't quite my thing, i always found the "IC approach" in fantasy MMOs somehow natural. And thus i've always sought out RP-servers whenever they are available. As for the actual part of playing, i'm known for having a knack of playing supportive roles. Just a thing i enjoy, being the silent backbone keeping the group composition together.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm British and speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've played the games since the original RTS, and was a beta tester for WoW back in 2004, so i've been playing since launch. EU RP-servers i've been to include; Argent Dawn, Defias Brotherhood, The Venture Co. and The Sha'tar.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Since Blizzard's RP-server rule enforcing was between pitiful and non-existant, i always had a craving for a truly pure roleplaying environment. The kind where you don't have to put up with that naked level one that just crashed your RP-event and is now dancing on the table. I heard about this server from a few friends, and after browsing around i'm convinced that this has to be the only decent RP-server for WoW.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm into the relaxed social-RP that happens in taverns and the like. A group of friends just strolling about the forest, chatting along. That sort of thing. I usually don't actively seek or try to get into long and complex plotlines, but i've participated in a few when my character just naturally gets involved in one.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Tough question, but i think i'll have to answer; Dwarf Paladin. Dwarfs in general have always been my favourite fantasy race, just something about those tough and hardy folk with manly beards. And as i already mentioned, i'm partial to the supportive classes and just enjoy the idea of an old and wise Dwarf Cleric showing the impetuous young how it's really done.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm hoping to find a friendly and relaxed community in which to do some open roleplay.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
They're all good and needed, but i especially like the bit about humility. Seen too many damned Captain Americas who just absolutely need to be the hero and centerpiece of every damn occasion.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Garrat laid his hammer next to him and sat on the rock. T'was always the same, he thought. Every day seemed exactly the same as the other. Garrat rummaged through his belt-pouch and produced a richly decorated ivory pipe, which he promptly stuffed with tobacco and lit. As he began puffing clouds of smoke he started eyeing his handiwork, the dozen or so Stone Troggs with their heads caved in.

- "Every damn day.." he mumbled under his breath.

And indeed, for the better part of a year now the filthy Troggs had been pouring Dun Morogh in seemingly endless droves from all around. Mining had come very difficult to effectively do, and it didn't seem to get any easier. Not with the Kings army tied in various conflicts alongside the Alliance.
Now Garrat, he didn't much care for the business of elves and men. No, he enjoyed the cold breeze and snowy mountaintops of his homelands and wished for nothing else. In his youth he had been a part of the army and participated in many brutal and bloody conflicts, but now he just wanted to spend the rest of his days in his home in Dun Morogh. Tasting the brews of the many breweries, telling stories of past wars to younglings.

And he would, if not for those damned Troggs. It hadn't been like this before. It used to be just the odd Wendigo, or the occasional Ice Troll. But now there were filthy Troggs everywhere, trying to gain a foothold in the dwarfen lands. And this was something that Garrat could not tolerate.

And so he went out into the wilds, every day, and brought down the numbers of those filthy beings. Well, it wasn't that bad, Garrat thought as he puffed out another cloud of smoke. Hunting the Troggs was fair sport and fun, atleast it passed the time well and he was also doing something useful. He wasn't that old yet, not by a longshot. He could still lift his big hammer just like any other dwarf. Even better, perhaps. After all, he had seen and fought much and lived to tell the tale afterwards. Aye, experienced. That he was.

But funny thing, these Troggs. Where did they come from? A traveling human magician had once said to him in the local bar that Dwarfs were actually related to Troggs. He had been promptly punched and thrown out after that. Garrat chuckled at that memory. He puffed his final billowing cloud of smoke and placed the pipe back into the pouch from which it came from. As he was doing this he heard the distinctive crude sounds approaching from beyond a nearby hill. Aye, Garrat thought as he lifted his hammer, it was always the same..

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I think the form was quite thorough, as were the rules and FAQ. So, no.
Welcome to the server!