Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Good'day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player: I am an RPG Enthousiast, I have dabbled in many different MMO's looking for a good RP group, however most of the games I tried had very poor mechanics, and the Rp'ers weren't worth sticking around for.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Im from Canada, and I speak english. No, i dont speak french :P

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Part of the Closed Beta

What made you seek our server over others?:
I've tried almost every RP server in retail, and unfortunately no one roleplays.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I am a full time rp'er, I limit my ooc chat as much as possible, I like to immerse myself in a seemless world.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?: Human Paladin. Human's are a diverse race, and I find it the easiest to get into. Paladins are my favourite class due to High survivability, and a wide veriety of uses in groups.

What are your expectations of this server?: To actually play on an RP server, not a Normal WoW Retail/pvp Server and try to find a miniscule group of Rp'ers.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

“Up, up boy! You're wasting daylight lounging about in bed!” A stout bald man scolded Aryus. The thud of the heavy oak door rang through the barren room and echoed off of the desk, dresser, and bed that were crowded around single small window in the turret. Aryus' eyes flickered open, adjusting to the light glistening off of the polished wood furniture.

The boy sat up in his bunk. Straw pierced through the linen sheet supporting the feather pillow. Aryus stretched while he yawned, and dressed himself in the warm earth colored robes the monastery requires you to wear. After re-making his bead, the young man began to trudge down the spiral flight of hard stone stares into the inner sanctum of the mountainside monastery. Brother Zai approached Aryus with directions for his daily course of action; collect medicinal herbs from the nearby forest.

Plush green forestry surrounded the young man as he walked, staff in hand, across the pine needles. The scent of dewy grass wafted through the damp air, as the birds sang a calming tune that reverberated off of the thick trunks of the great trees of the old land. A large crackle of dead brush being tread upon pierced through the calm, as Aryus lifted his gaze upon a foal he paused his walk, the foal turned its head to stare quietly at the human child before galloping away peacefully.

“Slept in again, eh Aryus?” a cynical voice erupted from behind the kind faced boy, “Maybe, you should still sleep in the Elders' quarters, so you wont be late.” The voice continued. “What do you want Mar?” Aryus retorted to the other boy, to which ‘your pack' was the only reply. Anyone sent to the forest to gather articles is given a pack of food and drink for the day. Mar punched Aryus hard in the face, knocking him off of his feet, and making his lip tear on his teeth. The bully picked up Aryus' pack and walked off into the forest with glee.

Tears mixed with the blood on Aryus' cheek as he watched his attacker stalk into the depth of the trees towards the monastery. Aryus continued his quest for the medicinal herbs of Taberfoil root, Cultrion Mushrooms, and Sicoff stalks. Aryus followed the trees as they got thicker, closer to the river, and to the herbs he was seeking. After pacing up the riverbank for a good twenty minutes, Aryus found a blue and white Taberfoil plant, right next to Sicoff grass. He collected the herbs, and removed his shirt to create a make shift bag to carry them in. The young boy wandered through the underbrush of the great forest, looking for fungi clinging to tree trunks. After about an hour, Aryus was astounded by his luck in finding the bright yellow mushrooms.

Aryus jogged lightly back to a freshwater spring, a few paces away from the river, for a drink. He brought his hands to his face for a gulp of the crystal clear water as his gaze fell upon legions of soldiers marching on the opposing bank. The bridge, a few miles upstream, seemed to be their destination. The young boy gathered his pack and ran back to the monastery as fast as his legs would carry him.
“Soldiers, on the far side of the riverbank!” Aryus yelled to the peaceful monks in warning. The alarm bell in the center of the compound began to echo off of the monastery walls after a few moments time. Swarms of monks ran out of the monastery wielding Bo staves, trained in martial arts, the sworn protectors of the Elders.

Elder Lau began summoning the children into the temple embedded in the mountainside. Into hand dug tunnels the children strode, Elder Lau told them to follow the mainline until they reached sunlight, when they arrived on the opposite side of the mountain they would come across a small village.
“Seek refuge with the town Chief” The Elder informed the children. The candle lit caverns the children traveled through created tension for the older youth. Aryus brought up the rear of the children, making sure none of the little ones fell behind the pack. Tirianna, a beautiful girl a year younger than Aryus lead all of the youth through the dank caves, others of the ages 16 to 18 carried some of the smaller children.

After 20 minutes had past of treading on sharp rock, the stench of brimstone clogged the youth's nostrils; a thick wooden door sat a dozen paces off. The clank of steel boots began to echo through the vermin infested caves, as a legion of soldiers perused the children. Tirianna kicked open the door at the end and ran through, holding it open for everyone else, only to be met by another group of armed men. A long struggle ensued, before the children were knocked unconscious, and dragged off by the men in armor.

Aryus' head throbbed from where a long blade's hilt had hit him in the back of his skull. Hands and feet bound, Aryus struggled to sit upright on the bed he had lain in.

The clash of tempered steel resounded through the thick walls of stone in Aryus' room, peering out the window his eyes came to a rest upon a dozen soldiers training in pairs.

“Ah! Young master, you are awake.” A kind voice said, “much before the others…” he trailed off with. “Well, no matter, how are you this afternoon?” Aryus sat frozen in fear; a foreign man speaking to him in an alien place, the young boy lost all memories of how to speak. “Dragon got your tongue boy? Must have.” The old man set down a tray of food. Bread, stew, and a flask of water were all that resided on the small wooden tray.

Aryus, starved, began to gulp down the warm stew in grotesquely large amounts as soon as the man left the room. Remnants of bread and stew broth flecked the tray. The young boy lay back on the straw bed to stare at the exquisitely crafted ceiling. Sleep engulfed the Aryus, fleeting images of bloody executions and buildings being razed haunted his dreams. He awoke, drenched in a chilling sweat, tears streaked down his face, the monastery he was raised in smoldering in his thoughts.

Years were spent training with sword and shield, manipulating and controlling Holy Energy. At the Age of 21 Aryus was safe to leave the Abbey, and make his way in the world, as a combatent for truth and justice.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
This story was written before i got into RP in WoW, so things arnt quite bang-on to the WoW Lore, however this is the basis for my character.
Welcome to the server!